publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: PR for Parrents of disable baby born in USA.

This is the matter of US non-citizen's disable baby born in USA.

My daughter is 2 year old. She has not yet recognized to any body even parrents.She doesnot response and eat well.She doesnot crawl,walk, speak.Her behaviour is just like 4 month old baby. She has a lot of health problem.Doctors say, all these problem has related with her brain development problem which came by born.

I am really worrying about the health problem of my daughter.I am here in US in student visa which will end in the next year.

My question is " Can I apply for the permannet residents here in USA due to disability
    of my daughter and her US citizenship by born ?

I have to stay in US for my daugther's treatment which takes the time of some years.

This is the matter of US non-citizen's disable baby born in USA.

My daughter is 2 year old. She has not yet recognized to any body even parrents.She doesnot response and eat well.She doesnot crawl,walk, speak.Her behaviour is just like 4 month old baby. She has a lot of health problem.Doctors say, all these problem has related with her brain development problem which came by born.

I am really worrying about the health problem of my daughter.I am here in US in student visa which will end in the next year.

My question is " Can I apply for the permannet residents here in USA due to disability

I have to stay in US for my daugther's treatment which takes the time of some years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shreeddi
    . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I've never heard of such case... you may try to look into legaly prolonging your stay beyond the expiration of your student visa for humanitarian reasons.

Is it going to be a good idea to find out if a hospital is willing to take your daughter as a patient and the cost involved? If all your going to do is become a liability then i dont think u have a hope in hells chance. If u can prove that ur using ur rescourses to find a way to help urself to help ur baby u might be able to help ur application. WHat about working, how u going to support yourself? U have to think this thru and make sure u know what ur doing and how ur going to proceed. Every application needs some sort of sponsor or affidavit of support. Standing there all alone as tough as it can be and saying my daughter is disabled i cant leave is not going to cut it. I dont want to sound like judas here. But there are so many good hospitals, Remember its the child that is a USC not u. She can stay U cant!!!! I dont think its just a good lawyer u need, but some humanitarian help from an organisation, hospital, church that can assist ur application.

A U.S. citizen child cannot sponsor their parents for immigration benefits until they're 21 years old.

Why can't your daughter receive medical care in your country of origin?

The child's father also has responsibility in this matter.

Certainly, the father has a responsibility, which I think he is fully assuming the moment he starts looking for the best possible care for his daughter.

SkunkDevilUSA does not only try to kick other immigrants out of the USA, but now he's trying to kick US citizens out too. Unbelievable...

aneri,ntfd3 SunDevilUSA and whknapp !!

Thank you for the response to my post,

aneri ,
    as you mentioned as humanitarian reasons,I had also thought like that.

ntfd3,
    thank you for your information " Every application needs some sort of sponsor or affidavit of support" .I have taken my baby to
    neurologist,cardiologist,Radiologist for MRI and GI , eye doctor, Physical and Occupational therapist, a number of blood tests,etc. The result shows nothing except the brain development problem. I have all my daughter's medical history. The diagonosis process is still continuing.I have also admitted my daughter to early intervention classes opened for the diability children.The instructors of the class also realized her as an abnormal baby. As you mentioned, there will be no problem to get support for the application from docotors ,hospital and organizations . Because they already know the history of the baby and they have also suggested me to find out the possible solution. That is why I put the question in this disscussion board. About the working :- I am a Ph.D. student. Hopefully if everything goes well, I will finish up in the next year.So I hope, i can support myself.

SunDevilUSA , as you mentioned, I have also tried to find out possibility for the treatment in my country. But It is true that USA has highest technologies in the world for the treatment.If my daughter is just an ordinary disabile babeies who can at least respose to their parrent, I would not think about staying here in USA.But she is 1 in 100,000 babies.Because she has not yet been reconized us as parrent even after 2 yeas. We are still virtual parrent.

whknapp, thank you for your good understanding about me.

Well, at one time there was a program that allowed people to extend their visas for I think three years if their children were receiving medical care.

You could also attempt to get an H-1B visa after graduation of course. You could then find someone to file a labor certification for you, which eventually would lead to a green card.

Unfortunately, the only way you can get a green card based on your child's medical condition is if you stay here for ten years without status and without being put into removal (deportation) proceedings. Then you could file an application for cancellation of removal based on the hardship your USC child would face if you were forced to leave the country. But that is a long way off, and a long shot at best.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.
    Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com