free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: a question about PR Status!

Hi friends how are you?

I'm a permanent resident of the US and i got my gc through a marriage with the USC. But we're on the process of divorce and in meanwhile my father is sick back home and I'm visiting there. I might have to stay there for about 5 months. Can i stay for 5 months without the DHS authorization or I'd have to take permission?

I'm planning to apply for the USC after i come back from home. Is it ok to stay for 5 months there without the DHS authorization?

Thanks!

Hi friends how are you?

I'm a permanent resident of the US and i got my gc through a marriage with the USC. But we're on the process of divorce and in meanwhile my father is sick back home and I'm visiting there. I might have to stay there for about 5 months. Can i stay for 5 months without the DHS authorization or I'd have to take permission?

I'm planning to apply for the USC after i come back from home. Is it ok to stay for 5 months there without the DHS authorization?

Thanks!

5 months is fine, Sanjay. More than one year and you would need to apply for a re-entry permit.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Sanjay, if you are in process of a divorce, maybe not a good idea to leave just yet? Unless its amicable and an easy divorce or delay the filing for now.

Another thing, if you are applying for Citizenship based on marriage, because you are now divorcing, you know that you will no longer be able to apply now until 5 yrs? (5 yrs - 90days).

You actually have to be still married right up to Oath Ceremony, so thought I should point that out to you in case you did think you could still apply at 3 yrs. (-90 days).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Thank you so much for your response Sprint_ girl. I'm very happy to receive your comment here.

Our divorce is not very complicated because we don't have kids and also we don't have property which is involved. I think it's an easy divorce. My wife is filling it actually.

Sprint, I'm not filing for Citizenship based on marriage. It's almost 5 years since I got my 1st conditional GC and now I have a Permanent GC without any conditions on it.

I could apply before 5 years but since my wife and I are separated, I don't think it's a good idea to apply base on marriage.

Thank you so much for your kind information and good advice dear. I really appreciate it.

You're welcome Sanjay, and sorry, please forgive me I forgot you posted here before and I should have checked what you posted back then.

Well all the best, and I hope your father will be ok, have a safe trip.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Thank you so much Sprint_ girl. You're so nice. I really appreciate it. You're really a very helpful girl. Everyone loves you in this website. Thanks again!