50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help found out my husband was never divorced

hi i have just applied for my green card after marrying my usc boyfreind of 8 months but i have just found out he never got divorced from his previous wife? is this something immigration checks out? marriage records and things ,
    if he has to go through divorce proceedings it could take ages

he says he has been split with her that long its the same as being divorced, can anyone help??

hi i have just applied for my green card after marrying my usc boyfreind of 8 months but i have just found out he never got divorced from his previous wife? is this something immigration checks out? marriage records and things ,

he says he has been split with her that long its the same as being divorced, can anyone help??

Yes, USCIS will find out. You are no longer legally married and your husband is criminally liable for bigamy. Your husband must get divorced immediately.

Also, when USCIS finds out he is still married, they will deny your application and place you in removal proceedings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by montyp:

he says he has been split with her that long its the same as being divorced, can anyone help?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a fufa. Wat state did you get married in? the state will ask for the same documents that immigration will ask for. Copy of divorce certificate before they will allow issue of marriage license. One will have to lie that they were never married in order to proceed without one. You would also be witness to the lie of him saying that he was never married.

What is the real story?

let me be the first one to say to you: BYEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Someone12
    Adios, mf. Boot his butt out of your Airstream trailer tomorrow.

HA HA HA HA Excellent contribution S12 our official you made me laugh so hard my tummy ached. This site gets the most stupid questions from the most stupid people I've ever heard of. Amazing!!!

Just want to know, if you registered your marriage?
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

hey monty, why don't you get together with the other winner, tango something, the one who was married for six years to an argentinian illegal alien and he didn't know anything about it... personally I think it would be the perfect match, ha ha ha and don't forget to procreate, I foresee another Einstein ha ha ha