50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Change of venue. eoir-33 question

Hello, i have a friend that have a court hearing in miami florida on the 25th of january for her asylum case.The problem is she just moved out of state to newark new jersey and she would like to transfer her asylum case to newark new jersey. She filed eoir-33 change of address but would that be enought? is there some other document that she has to fill to get the case move out of state? from florida to new jersey?

Hello, i have a friend that have a court hearing in miami florida on the 25th of january for her asylum case.The problem is she just moved out of state to newark new jersey and she would like to transfer her asylum case to newark new jersey. She filed eoir-33 change of address but would that be enought? is there some other document that she has to fill to get the case move out of state? from florida to new jersey?

I wasn't going to comment, but if it was me, I would go to Miami for the hearing, take a copy of the AR-11 and request any future hearings be moved to New Jersey. I'm sure other members know more about this than me, but since no one had responded I just wanted to offer my opinion.

Good luck!

thanks for the reply bigdummy..she did mailed the AR-11 form on monday, then she mailed 3 eoir-33 forms, 2 to different local immigration court in jersey and one to the miami immigration court where her hearing will be held on the 25th...She has no place to stay whyle in miami florida so she can not go back to miami just for the hearing.

I was wonderin whether it is too late for this now? some people suggested that she should had given the immigration people more time 6-8 weeks, but she just moved out about 2 weeks ago.

Anyone out there with information?