free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DREAM Act to get one Last Push During Lame Duck Session

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and why should American college students have to compete with dirtbag illegal brats for a coveted spot in any university??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have an argument with that other than the illegal brats you refer to had no choice in the matter. Their parents should pay for their mistakes, not the kids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea Proud.. You are right that the parents should pay.

Dream Act should be this:

Special program for
    Illegal kids should do 4 years military deployed so that it is possible to bring our usa troops home. This service should be without military wages to satisfy the debt they incurred to this country in order to earn conditional green card. Removal of conditions in 3 years. No fast track to citizenship from military.

They need money? Let the parents pay monthly payment to military fund special program for their kid to be eligible to participate in this special program. Sort of like a support payment or tuition payment. The payment from parents should be $300/400 monthof which 1/2 would go to their kids, and the other half would be to fund the program and paperwork costs and medical.

Get caught with drugs.. you are out of program

Pregnancy.. you are out of program.

crimes... you are out of program.

Model citizen for 4/5 years putting your life on the line for your country that you are claiming.

Win win situation.

After 4/5 years kids would get conditional green card on path to permanent and citizenship. Now they would get GI benefits that would allow them to go to college after service.

Now who has a problem with that arrangement for the dream act and why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now who has a problem with that arrangement for the dream act and why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem I see is not everyone is cut out for the military. What about those kids who do not qualify for military service due to physical or mental limitations? And, I highly doubt we will have enough qualified candidates in this pool to totally replace our servicemen and women who are currently overseas.

Not trying to knock your plan, 4Now. I think it's a good start.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now who has a problem with that arrangement for the dream act and why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem I see is not everyone is cut out for the military. What about those kids who do not qualify for military service due to physical or mental limitations? And, I highly doubt we will have enough qualified candidates in this pool to totally replace our servicemen and women who are currently overseas.

Not trying to knock your plan, 4Now. I think it's a good start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then they would not qualify for the program, the same as citizen would not qualify for the military. So it is not a solution for them.

Of course it would not be a total replacement, We need experienced running the show. It just would allow many of our kids to come home. let these illegals show their loyalty and service by 4years military fighting for this country. This I feel deserves a green card.

BTW those as old as 35 will qualify for dream act as long as they were brought into country before age 16. This is just not about "youth " as it is portrayed to gsin sympathy.

Country first, then go to college on GI bill

DREAM is a good idea, but I'm afraid it's got little chance, if any, for passage.

What I see here is a political maneuver, there's no time for this controversial bill to make it to the president's desk unless the debate is greatly restricted and the democrats act in block, something they've not done very well in the last year or so.

Mind you, this is controversial only because of xenophobic sentiments, if we all look at this for what it is, we can see that there's no sense in blaming kids for the actions of their parents.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Then they would not qualify for the program, the same as citizen would not qualify for the military. So it is not a solution for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then there should be an alternate path to a green card for the kids who don't qualify for military service.

Similar to what Houston said, I don't think the people who are against Dream Act need to lose any sleep. It has little chance of passing anytime soon.

This is not about finding a standard or about crafting some solution based on difficult economic realities. What's going on here is plain and obvious.

People want somebody to blame. You (in general) blame the illegals, easy target, they can't even understand what you're saying, they can't defend themselves, they can't take action.

You want to feel superior. Again, easy. Take the illegals, have them oppressed, no matter how hard they work or what they do, they'll never be as good as you. So you can throw your life away drinking and doing speed***** but rest assured, you'll never hit rock bottom, they do that for you.

You want to cleanse your neighborhood and make it all while without a lawsuit? Easy, use immigration as you excuse, then when you lose in court, you'll blame the illegals for the court costs.

You want to eliminate the effect of Brown v. Board? Kick illegals out of the school, that'll make you feel better...

And the saddest and most ridiculous of them all... immigrants against immigrants... Legal immigrants and those who took amnesty in 86, for them, this is a club, a personal victory... they don't want others to have that because then, they themselves wouldn't be so "special"....

Just hypocrisy, racism, ignorance and hate all combined into one little package that's DESTROYING this country.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Then they would not qualify for the program, the same as citizen would not qualify for the military. So it is not a solution for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then there should be an alternate path to a green card for the kids who don't qualify for military service.

Similar to what Houston said, I don't think the people who are against Dream Act need to lose any sleep. It has little chance of passing anytime soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such as?

Remember, Dream act only will cover some , not all to get greencards. It was not intended to make all illegal kids legal. Only some.

So are you asking that Dream act make All kids brought here legal regardless?

and...

Want it more obvious? Back in 06 there was this talk about sure, let them stay, if they learn english, pay taxes and are willing to integrate and embrace this country as their own.

Ok, those kids already did that, now what? Oh, and don't forget they did so freely, 'cause God knows they don't bear any responsibility here nor are they guilty of any wrong doing... So, now what?

Oh, well... I guess people who spoke that way were LYING. Politicians who sell out human beings for a vote. That is enough to make you want to throw up. THEY are the problem, lying all the time, scaring people, making them afraid of their own shadow so they can have a clear path to pass the laws they really wanna pass, those who benefit special interest groups who pay for their campaigns.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:

Similar to what Houston said, I don't think the people who are against Dream Act need to lose any sleep. It has little chance of passing anytime soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such as?

Remember, Dream act only will cover some , not all to get greencards. It was not intended to make all illegal kids legal. Only some.

So are you asking that Dream act make All kids brought here legal regardless? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not? Tell me, why the hell not? Are they to blame? FOR WHAT? What's the problem with kids?

This reminds me of the evangelical right, the most dangerous wing of the far right. It's about Jesus and love and Christ, but God forbid you show mercy to somebody who's not US born or of a different race... Christ died on the cross for EVERYBODY, even criminals, prostitutes, politicians, white people, and illegal aliens. Hypocrisy we wash away with self-righteousness, all there is to it.