free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DREAM Act to get one Last Push During Lame Duck Session

I want my last post here to count for something, so here it is.

DREAM Act is not just about immigration. In reality, it's a test for this society.

This is about separating those who might have done wrong from those who had no say in the matter; this is about basic, fundamental fairness. This is about what this country stands for and the very difference between right and wrong.

Making kids pay for something they had no say or control over is fundamentally unfair. This is about kids who love this country and whose only "sin" was being born on the wrong side of the fence. This is a test for all those who call themselves Christians, didn't He believe in forgiveness and fairness? This is a test for those who call for "personal responsibility", it's the parents who "did wrong", not the kids...

I'm not a political expert of any sort so I can't say what'll happen later this month if a vote is taken, although I can't imagine the bill becoming law before the year's out. But I do know one thing. Sooner or later, DREAM Act or a version of it will pass, and will become law, and justice will be done. Why? Because that's the nature of the American people.

Hunger is a powerful thing, fear, despair. It's very easy to judge, but nobody wants to be judged. Learn the stories, put yourselves in their shoes, try to imagine what it's like for the kids who have to pay the price for actions beyond their control at a time and place most can't even remember.

Hate kills and we're all digging our own grave. If you believe in the Bible or in Evolution, the facts are undisputed; we're all one and the same, related in some philosophical way. When we hate, we inflict pain and injury upon ourselves. It's time to look at this for what it really is. An act of justice, fairness and recognition of the basic principles this country has always stood for. Don't deny those who are innocent a future.

Beyond all the racism, beyond all the propaganda and the lies propagated by crooked politicians and hate groups, the American people will see through the smoke screen and will make DREAM Act a REALITY. Someday soon, it will happen and nothing can stop that.

DREAMs do come true, keep the faith.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    4now, not read it all yet but there was something I read that I wanted to comment on.

About free school lunches.

Schools actually promote this to all parents. They encourage parents to apply, even if they don't want to use it. Many USC families are entitled to it but do not claim it, either due to pride, children prefer eating out, or not wanting anyone knowing their low income.

The schools get $$ for each applicant, whether they actually eat at school or not. Also they get extra funding in some way by other means, because a parent is under that scheme.

Some even apply, not to get the school dinners, but discounts in other places. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a federally funded program Sprint. This is my problem with it. Taxpayers pay for it. I dont know what you are speaking about when you say they get discounts in other places, as I never heard of that, Reduced school and free lunches do not require immigration status, and it is pretty much a giveaway of taxpayer monies. The dems even tried to attach a large $$ request onto the bailout for after school snack and feeding programs. Thankfully it was shot down as it was seen through that the main beneficiaries of that program were not lEGAL RESIdents or citizens.

Federal run programs like this should be under review to require status with soc sec numbers of parents.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    I am disgusted with the people on this board, short of one.

But I'll succumb and respond to one item on the agenda of the Nazi sympathizer known as 4now.
    Your solution to kids under the age of 18 is 'nothing', same as now - let them remain illegal. What kind of a solution is this?

<span class="ev_code_RED">UM.. Pls tell me exactly why an illegal child under the age of 18 needs to be given status? There is no crisis for them. What they need a job, Oh perhaps they need to travel with their illegal parents maybe.... get a grip , status is only needed when they turn adult age when in jeopordy of being removed you dip.twit.</span>

You're not interested in solutions, 4never, not now not ever.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I offer viable and reasonable solutions, you are just not interested in them because you want free!</span>

Nothing offered whatsoever, no help in tuition, and of course no right to work before entering the military service.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Of course not. The incentive is to EARN it. Why should government and state resources help foreign persons ? Just why would these resources that are reserved for legal residents and citizens be used up?</span>

How do you imagine they are going to be able to pay all the required fees, and the out of state tuition?
    With the manna from heaven?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Well, just like any other college student, from their parents. Make the parents pay... Oh I forgot, this is punishment by making the parents pay right So much better that taxpayers should foot the bill </span>

I'm ashamed to be even talking to a person like you. You're a disgusting Nazi sympathizer, and I want absolutely nothing to do with the likes of you. You're a disgusting human being.

<span class="ev_code_RED">You should be ashamed of being an illegal A$$ in this country mooching of our society and asking for moochies for other illegals whether it is their fault or not.

Somebody has to pay and it should not be usa taxpayers that want futures for their own legal children. Let us get the priorities straight here.</span>
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    4now, not read it all yet but there was something I read that I wanted to comment on.

About free school lunches.

Schools actually promote this to all parents. They encourage parents to apply, even if they don't want to use it. Many USC families are entitled to it but do not claim it, either due to pride, children prefer eating out, or not wanting anyone knowing their low income.

The schools get $$ for each applicant, whether they actually eat at school or not. Also they get extra funding in some way by other means, because a parent is under that scheme.

Some even apply, not to get the school dinners, but discounts in other places. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a federally funded program Sprint. This is my problem with it. Taxpayers pay for it. I dont know what you are speaking about when you say they get discounts in other places, as I never heard of that, Reduced school and free lunches do not require immigration status, and it is pretty much a giveaway of taxpayer monies. The dems even tried to attach a large $$ request onto the bailout for after school snack and feeding programs. Thankfully it was shot down as it was seen through that the main beneficiaries of that program were not lEGAL RESIdents or citizens.

Federal run programs like this should be under review to require status with soc sec numbers of parents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I know it is Federally funded, that is why schools promote it and want parents to sign up for it, even if they don't eat at school.
    Schools want the extra funding, to them it's more $, no matter how they get it.

They also get extra funding for x amount of low income families at the school.

People who sign up for it, they can get free tests for their children at school, like ACT etc...and can get discounts in variety of things.

Parents can also get discounts from a number of things, for example, have you seen that commercial for a phone for $1 a month or whatever it is? Anybody who has one of the..TANF, SS, or Free school lunches can get it for that price.
    You don't have to be on social, as long as you receive the free school lunch program, you can get discounts or help in other ways.

My son's school for example, sends out automated phone calls to all parents, reminding them about the free school lunch program, and promotes it in a big way. And yes you are right, anybody, regardless of status can apply for it, but they do ask you a variety of questions to get it, including SS#.

Mind you, there are no illegals in my son's school, most illegals were run out of this State.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.