publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Divorce...Need advice...Please help...Thank you.

My divorce was signed on 10th of December 2005 but INS was notified on the 11th of January 2006. I received a letter from INS saying that my 485 was rejected due to the divorce a little later... during maybe 15th of January 06. They did not even ask to see the divorce papers or want to know when the divorce took place.
    My ticket to leave the United States is for 18th of March 2006. Now INS was notified in January about the divorce so .... I should be ok if I leave on the 18th of March. Please tell me if I am overstaying? I do not want to do that as my job could most likely bring me back here.
    My understanding is that from the time when 485 is rejected , one has 3 months within which to leave the country in order to avoid overstay and any penalties regarding coming back.
    Please let me know.
    Thank you,
    ALIYA.

My divorce was signed on 10th of December 2005 but INS was notified on the 11th of January 2006. I received a letter from INS saying that my 485 was rejected due to the divorce a little later... during maybe 15th of January 06. They did not even ask to see the divorce papers or want to know when the divorce took place.
    My ticket to leave the United States is for 18th of March 2006. Now INS was notified in January about the divorce so .... I should be ok if I leave on the 18th of March. Please tell me if I am overstaying? I do not want to do that as my job could most likely bring me back here.
    My understanding is that from the time when 485 is rejected , one has 3 months within which to leave the country in order to avoid overstay and any penalties regarding coming back.
    Please let me know.
    Thank you,
    ALIYA.

Another phony B.S.

If you are not phony and not B.S.-ing, visit www.immigration.com.

You shall find answers to your questions there.

IE

what do you find phony or b.s about anything i said? Dont bother answering that .... in case you do ... it will be as presumtuous as your earlier comments.