50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-693 - Medical Examination

How long is the I-693, Medical Examination valid for?

My wife has just received an appointment letter to go for an interview for an adjustment of status (I-485)based on marriage to a U.S. Citizen (that's me) after 14 months of waiting. Thinking that they would call us sooner, she took the medical exam back in May of 2003. Can we take the results with us or should she re-take the Medical exam again.

Thanks guys.

KOKO

How long is the I-693, Medical Examination valid for?

My wife has just received an appointment letter to go for an interview for an adjustment of status (I-485)based on marriage to a U.S. Citizen (that's me) after 14 months of waiting. Thinking that they would call us sooner, she took the medical exam back in May of 2003. Can we take the results with us or should she re-take the Medical exam again.

Thanks guys.

KOKO

If you have filed I-485 before you had the medical it is valid for life thereafter s long as I-485 is pending.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Yes I have filed the I-485 / I-130 back in 2/2003. So I should be fine (right)? - no need for a second opinion!?.

Thanks for the advice.

:-)

KOKO

The medical examination report is valid for one year. You could bring the medical report to your interview and see if immigration accept it, otherwise they will request another medical examination.

hmmmmmm.....!!!! Any other comments / experiences? One person says it is valid for life and another says it is valid for 1 year.

Thank you all in advance.

I think I might have expressed myself wrong.

The medical exam is valid for up to one year, so if you file I-485 within the year after the medical has been taken you are fine, if older than one year it has to be redone.

If you had the medical done AFTER you filed I-485 it is valid as long as the I-485 is pending.

Sorry for any confusion.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Thank you.

I think I should be fine (I hope). I have filed the I-485 in Feb of 2003 and my wife has taken the medical exam May of 2003. The interview is end of May of 2004.
    So the medical's done AFTER I-485 was filed so "it is valid as long as the I-485 is pending"