50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va., a House leader comment on immigration

Davis said the Senate is out of step with the national mood, and that the voters prefer Tancredo's tougher approach. But the House may have to accede to a guest-worker program, he said, and a path to citizenship for illegal workers who have been here a long time, as the price for securing the border.
    "We all ought to recognize at the end of the day that no deal doesn't work," said Davis. "If you get no deal the border remains porous, people keep pouring in and you make no progress."
    White House Press Secretary Tony Snow expressed optimism Thursday that common ground can be found.
    "It's pretty clear that members of both houses understand that they pay a heavier political price for failing to act than for acting," he said. "That's one thing that I've heard from Republicans in both houses."

Davis said the Senate is out of step with the national mood, and that the voters prefer Tancredo's tougher approach. But the House may have to accede to a guest-worker program, he said, and a path to citizenship for illegal workers who have been here a long time, as the price for securing the border.
    "We all ought to recognize at the end of the day that no deal doesn't work," said Davis. "If you get no deal the border remains porous, people keep pouring in and you make no progress."
    White House Press Secretary Tony Snow expressed optimism Thursday that common ground can be found.
    "It's pretty clear that members of both houses understand that they pay a heavier political price for failing to act than for acting," he said. "That's one thing that I've heard from Republicans in both houses."

I want you guys to zero in on davis comment and he's not the only one that feels that way..rumours in the house is that," its either we accept Bush comprehensive bill OR no bill gets pass and like snow says," there is a bigger price to pay for failling to act then acting.

That's interesting. I live in Virginia, and Mr. Davis and company will pay a higher price for agreeing to amnesty than for not having a bill. In fact, I'll dash off an email and tell him so.

These guys are sending up trial balloons like crazy, trying to "make it so".

Im sorry to let you know that, but im sure the majority of virginians will be glad that a bill with border enforcement is passed rather then the status quo with people still coming in illegally...at least, there will know their rep passed a bill that says "we will shut down the border"..thats the best he can do in my opinion.

Rep. Davis's district is heavily "immigrant" and therefore NOT representative of Virginia. Most of Virginia does not live within the Beltway and doesnt' need illegal workers to mow its lawns. I might add that Herndon is here in Northern VA and just voted out a slate of city council members who had implemented a day labor center. The campaign was fought on illegal immigration--and proponents lost.

If Bush says he can't do anything about the Borders or enforcement NOW, but that he magically can after an amnesty is passed, well, we're wise to him now, as his declining poll numbers show. All the more reason for him and the Republicans to prove they CAN enforce the law, for it they can't or won't do it now, then there's no reason to give amnesty. It would just produce more illegal immigration. Nor does not having this bill preclude other enforcement measures, including those the states are taking on.

"Aliba,I just wish that people like you thought for a minute about those millions of people' lives hanging on the House decision.
    Your argument is be tough on "illegal behaviour", naming these people outlaws, law breakers etc. Which they are not"

Lives Hanging
    not lawbreakers

Now Who is not living in the real world here.

"Now the US government did not protect the Mexican border for many years. People streamed in. Who's fault is this?"

And you think Aliba is the idealist??? Come on.

A theif broke into my home because I thought I was comfortable and left my door unlocked. He decided to stay and took over my identity and possesions and demanded more. This is my fault? Now I should turn over everything to him and apologize and say... sorry mr. robber let me get u another beer and a bonus . I really respect you for disregarding the law. How stupid of me.

YOu are describing/ proposing an anarchy society
    or as Congress is doing now. "make it up as we go along" It wont work for long my friend.

This is not about mexico. this is about EWI from all over the world. Why do people only harp on mexico.. it's beyond me.

iperson
    since you think this is all about Mexico
    and poverty blah blah.. just curious.. what is your fix for the corrupt mexican governments and its people, if it is so impoversed there?.

All immigrants want is a better life... i agree with iperson.. A better life for people means a better life for everyone. No one is an island not even america. And aliba, the people of mexico have no say over their government. It is far too corrupt, considering you are an american i would think you would know how tyranny works considering a war is still being fought in iraq today... Let us come together and make a better world... look outside your window aliba.. there is a whole world out there

We really have to do something about your comprehension problem dear..

I said I left the door unlocked. Not the same as leaving a door wide open. Few more actions are required . wouldnt u agree.

Absolutely I agree the U.s. government has a problem with breaking the laws of the world. and "butting in" as you call it under false pretenses. I always said that GBW jr should have just bought his dad a colorful tie or something like any other normal kid, instead of Sadaam for a present.

Oh King Solomon so full of wisdom.

are you proposing/suggesting that there should not be an immigration law process, and that whoever wants to come live here and whenever they feel like it is ok? Is this waht you are alluding to?

According to what you are suggesting.. when Aliba does look out his window... the whole world WILL be there.