50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Finally, i am a U.S citizen

To all those who helped me with their valuable advice and guidance in this forum, i would like to say thank you soso much! As of Friday, July 20, 2007, i am an U.S citizen. I became a member of this forum in the summer of 2004 when i was in the process of divorcing my wife and i had the infamous I-751 pending. some members were very helpful b(Aguila, Pasha Patel); others tried to be sarcastic and mean (such as Michael (and presently his son hehehe), but they also turned out to be helpful. Anyways, to make a story short, i am giving the time line of my journey hoping that it will help those who are in the same situation. By the way, Micheal and his his son, my marriage was real and i love my wife--but she cheated on me!! that's why i divorced her!

timeline:
    september 1999: married overseas
    November 2000: got my immigrant visa in the American consulate
    January 2001: entered the US
    February 2001: got my conditional resident card
    October 2002: filed removal of conditins (signed by me and ex)
    May 2004: caught my ex-wife kissing another man in the train
    begining of July 2004: moved out of the house
    end of July 2004: called to appear with my wife for an interview scheduled on NOvember 04
    November 04: my ex-failed to appear
    November 04: filed a second I-751 application based on cruelty (not appearing was considered by my lawyer cruelty)
    December 04: filed for divorce
    April o5: got my divorce, and filed a 3rd application based on divorce waiver (my lawyer withdraw the second one -cruelty)
    November 05; filed for citizenship application even though no decision was made on I-751 (by law i had the right to do so)
    May 06: was called for an interview for my citizenship !!!after i passed the test, the officer told me that she couldn't make a decision with I-751 pending!
    July 06: called for an interview for I-751
    September 06: after visiting the INS offices, the officer who interviewed me said that it was approved but i couldn't get my actual card becasue i was going to get my citizenship
    with no card and just a stamp, i got nervous, but she assured me that i will get my citizenship as soon as my name is cleared by the FBI
    from 09/06 until April 07: my FBI name check is still pending
    April 07, i wrote to about 17 government agencies, including the FBI and President Bush
    June 07: got a letter from my confressman stating that my name was cleared
    June 07: a letter from USCIS advising me to do a second finger print
    June 07: a letter for my Oath ceremony on July 20
    July 20, 07: I BECAME AN AMERICAN CITIZEN
    July 20: applied for my US passport

for those who are waiting for their I-751, FBI name check and citizenship, i have this advice for you: ADVOCATE FOR YOURSELves. just stay out of trouble and don't do anything illegal. follow and respect the laws and you will never have to worry. write to every one who you think is responsible in any way for the delay. you have rights and duties.

Good luck to every one. and thank you again

To all those who helped me with their valuable advice and guidance in this forum, i would like to say thank you soso much! As of Friday, July 20, 2007, i am an U.S citizen. I became a member of this forum in the summer of 2004 when i was in the process of divorcing my wife and i had the infamous I-751 pending. some members were very helpful b(Aguila, Pasha Patel); others tried to be sarcastic and mean (such as Michael (and presently his son hehehe), but they also turned out to be helpful. Anyways, to make a story short, i am giving the time line of my journey hoping that it will help those who are in the same situation. By the way, Micheal and his his son, my marriage was real and i love my wife--but she cheated on me!! that's why i divorced her!

timeline:
    end of July 2004: called to appear with my wife for an interview scheduled on NOvember 04
    November 04: filed a second I-751 application based on cruelty (not appearing was considered by my lawyer cruelty)
    April o5: got my divorce, and filed a 3rd application based on divorce waiver (my lawyer withdraw the second one -cruelty)
    November 05; filed for citizenship application even though no decision was made on I-751 (by law i had the right to do so)
    May 06: was called for an interview for my citizenship !!!after i passed the test, the officer told me that she couldn't make a decision with I-751 pending!
    September 06: after visiting the INS offices, the officer who interviewed me said that it was approved but i couldn't get my actual card becasue i was going to get my citizenship
    with no card and just a stamp, i got nervous, but she assured me that i will get my citizenship as soon as my name is cleared by the FBI
    April 07, i wrote to about 17 government agencies, including the FBI and President Bush

for those who are waiting for their I-751, FBI name check and citizenship, i have this advice for you: ADVOCATE FOR YOURSELves. just stay out of trouble and don't do anything illegal. follow and respect the laws and you will never have to worry. write to every one who you think is responsible in any way for the delay. you have rights and duties.

Good luck to every one. and thank you again

Someone12
    congratulations to somebody who did it the right way!!!

congratulations! thanks for your kind information + good advice to us!

My congratulations are with you as well. Your process took almost eight years? Because of this and other reasons, I can understand why people are bypassing the legal process. I may not like it, but definitely understand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by msayoufi:

timeline:

Good luck to every one. and thank you again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Congrats on the perseverance. May you enjoy your new rights and remember to vote in all elections. It is your choice to choose engagement in how we select our leaders.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Didn't read your story, but congrats anyway!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.