50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: NVC processing time

I applied for a fiance visa in July 2004 for my fiance, a Russian citizen living in Moscow. The visa was approved by US immigration in February, 2005. The approval otice said the file was being sent to the national visa center (NVC) The approval said I do not hear anything in 4 weeks to call the NVC.
    I have called frequently and when (not often) I am able to speak to someone there they say it is undergoing (standard) security checks instituted since 9/11. THey cannot tell me when it will issue but that it will be sent to the US embassy in Moscow as soon as it is done.
    I have sent emails to the NVC and the answer is always the same. My congressman's office can get only the same reply.
    I understand that the security business is "sacred" but I had hoped that the visa would have issued and she could be here in the US with me by now.
    The purpose of this inquiry is to see if by others recent experience, I can at least get an idea of how long it is taking recently so we can plan accordingly.
    (She is a respected Russian businesswoman who travels often elsewhere in the world for her business.)
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Bill

I applied for a fiance visa in July 2004 for my fiance, a Russian citizen living in Moscow. The visa was approved by US immigration in February, 2005. The approval otice said the file was being sent to the national visa center (NVC) The approval said I do not hear anything in 4 weeks to call the NVC.
    I have called frequently and when (not often) I am able to speak to someone there they say it is undergoing (standard) security checks instituted since 9/11. THey cannot tell me when it will issue but that it will be sent to the US embassy in Moscow as soon as it is done.
    I have sent emails to the NVC and the answer is always the same. My congressman's office can get only the same reply.
    I understand that the security business is "sacred" but I had hoped that the visa would have issued and she could be here in the US with me by now.
    The purpose of this inquiry is to see if by others recent experience, I can at least get an idea of how long it is taking recently so we can plan accordingly.
    (She is a respected Russian businesswoman who travels often elsewhere in the world for her business.)
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Bill

ktmrider, Hi I am going through a similar problem my husband applied for a CR1 visa in October 2004 and had his appointment in July 2005 they said that everything was fine and he could get his visa as soon as the security check is clear it has been 11 weeks and the security clearance is still pending there is a number in Washington where you can call in ask it is 1 202 663 1225 they will tell you if it is still pending or not when you give the case or recipt number. I have tried everything and they dont give out any imformation about this they say that it is private and that security clearnces take time. I hope you fiance gets here very soon hang on