50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Attachements to N400

I am planing to apply using the 3-year marriage category.

Do I need to mail a copy of my marriage certificate (or anything else) with my N400 ?

Are there any documents that I should take with me to the interview once scheduled?

Thank you all for your help.

I am planing to apply using the 3-year marriage category.

Do I need to mail a copy of my marriage certificate (or anything else) with my N400 ?

Are there any documents that I should take with me to the interview once scheduled?

Thank you all for your help.

Hi Melseifi,

Please click below for the guide. It suggests you mail copies of the required documents, but be prepared to bring originals to the interview. Good luck.

Guide to Naturalization

If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:
    1. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:
    • Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or
    • Naturalization certificate, or
    • Certificate of Citizenship, or
    • The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse’s current U.S. passport, or
    • Form FS-240, “Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America,” and
    2. Your current marriage certificate; and
    3. Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse-divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and
    4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
    • Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
    • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
    • An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.
    If you were married before, send:
    Proof that all earlier marriages ended-divorce decree(s), annulments, or death certificates(s);

Thank you very much ProudUSC, I don't know how I missed this section.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Hi Melseifi,

Please click below for the guide. It suggests you mail copies of the required documents, but be prepared to bring originals to the interview. Good luck.

Guide to Naturalization

If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:
    1. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:
    • Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or
    • Naturalization certificate, or
    • Certificate of Citizenship, or
    • The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse’s current U.S. passport, or
    • Form FS-240, “Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America,” and
    2. Your current marriage certificate; and
    3. Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse-divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and
    4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
    • Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
    • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
    • An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.
    If you were married before, send:
    Proof that all earlier marriages ended-divorce decree(s), annulments, or death certificates(s); </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello ProudUSC,

I am applying for citizenship on the basis of marriage to a US citizen and need help clarifying some doubts about filling out form N-400,as well as the documentation I should submit with the form.
    Concerning form N-400, it's not clear to me what information I should fill out about my ex-husband in PART 8(Information about your marital history):
    A."How many times have you been married(including annulled marriages)?"
    My answer to this question is 1(0ne). I got divorced before I applied for removal of conditional status.
    Questions:
    Should I fill out information information about my ex-husband in form N-400?
    Do I need to submit a copy of my divorce decree together with form N-400?
    In summary, what should be submited when applying?
    form N-400, 2 passport like pictures, copy of GC.
    copy of divorce decree??
    anything else?

I posted a thread yesterday, but only got useless(and disrespecful)replies.
    Hopefully, you will be able to help clarify these doubts, so that I can complete my application for citizenship.

Thank you so much.

Hi Lonely Heart,

I replied to your thread a little earlier today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Hi Lonely Heart,

I replied to your thread a little earlier today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read it already. Thanks!
    I think we posted our threads simultaneously!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lonely Heart:
    Hi Lonely Heart,

I replied to your thread a little earlier today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read it already. Thanks!
    I think we posted our threads simultaneously! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think 4Now gave good advice, Lonely Heart. He's very smart on immigration issues. I want to wish you good luck and please come back and post regarding your Naturalization experience. Take care.

Quick update and question. So I applied and to my surprise things are going very fast. I mailed the application July 21 and I am scheduled for the interview on October 20.

Quick question:

1 - Do I need to take my wife with me to the interview ?

2 - Any ideas of documents that can be proof of residency for her ( we have two kids and we've been married for 9 years) . I am thinking her driver license with the same home address, common insurance cards, ... Anything else ?

3 - Any other tips for the interview ?

Thank you all for your help