free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eliminate greencard help!!!!

Ok my story is a bit long so please bare...

3 years ago I married an illegal alien that got arrested by immigration. We were going out that time so after I posted bond on him we got married so he can stay in the states.
    he was so good to me and we even had a baby together. after we had the interview he started becoming abusive and very mean. Now it has been almost 2 yeras and he never got an answer if he will get his green card. Now I am sure to believe that he was with me to get papers and now I want to divorce him. He was out on advance parol and went to his country for a 1 month visit.

I would really wan't to know if there is anyway I can stop him from getting his greencard.

I was not his sponser. He had a co-sponser said he will support him.

PLEASE ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFULL

Ok my story is a bit long so please bare...

3 years ago I married an illegal alien that got arrested by immigration. We were going out that time so after I posted bond on him we got married so he can stay in the states.
    he was so good to me and we even had a baby together. after we had the interview he started becoming abusive and very mean. Now it has been almost 2 yeras and he never got an answer if he will get his green card. Now I am sure to believe that he was with me to get papers and now I want to divorce him. He was out on advance parol and went to his country for a 1 month visit.

I would really wan't to know if there is anyway I can stop him from getting his greencard.

I was not his sponser. He had a co-sponser said he will support him.

PLEASE ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFULL

Hamuda: Let me ensure that I've gotten this correct -

1. It's been almost two years since you and your husband's AOS interview, and your husband has yet to receive a decision with regard to his application for permanent residency (he doesn't yet have a Green Card)?

2. Does your husband currently have an Employment Authorization Document?

3. Your husband is currently in his country-of-origin, having traveled there with an Advance Parole Document?

Well, given the fact that your husband lived in America illegally prior to your marriage, it's VERY likely that he will be refused entry to America upon his attempted return. Even though he has an Advance Parole Document, your husband isn't guaranteed that he'll be readmitted to the country. If he remained in America illegally for a period exceeding 180 days, but fewer than 365 days, then he is automatically barred for a period of three years. If his period of illegal stay exceeded 365 days, he will be barred for ten years.

It's my opinion that he was dumb to leave the country before receiving his green card. But, on the other hand...that's one less illegal that we need to concern ourselves with.

if he would get GC based on your marriage, you ARE his principal sponsor. As such, you may withdraw the petition and Affidavit of support at any time before the decision is made on his residency.

Once he gets the 10 years GC, will she be able to do anything?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naturebeauty:
    Once he gets the 10 years GC, will she be able to do anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact is nothing is permanent or unchanging on earth except change itself. If citizenship itself can be revoked, how much more permanent residency? But, of course, there are certain grounds. Please see this.

NaTURE BEAUTY.. If he got permanent card most likely its too late unless there is hardcore earth shattering evidence that he should not have received it. Even then they may not act on it. It is really hard to revoke citizenship once it is given unless you were a nazi in previous life.

Hamuda:

This is rediculous. Step back and look at yourself in the mirror. Looks like, smells like vengence. You have a child with this man.

Better he get green card and work so you can slap him with a big support order and live comfortABLE. iF he gets behind on support , they will not give him permission to leave country to visit his home. If you try to have him deported which most likely you will not have success unless you have bonafide hardcore evidence of fraud. i DOubt very much if you will ever see a dime out of him if he goes back home.

Stop thinking with your heart and use your head

hello again,

to sundevilusa: Yes it has been almost 2 years since we were interviewed and no response. He never got a green card but he does have emploument card.

He lived here with me when his sister got married and thats when we went to get an advance parole so he can visit and be at the wedding. we were there for a month and we came back to the states.

He got an advance parole because we had not recieved the green card.

for 4now:

Yes it is vengence, pain, hurt, betrayed.

I thought he really loved me and wanted to be with me when all along he needed papers. in his country he was nothing and he would do anything not to go back. If feel I need to do this because why should I let him win and me suffer?????

Hamuda

I hear you my friend.. and as DR. Phil would say.... I FEEL YOUR PAIN

but you must stop this thinking and work towards forgiveness of yourself so you can heal. You are just feeling stupid for being duped by him and so you want revenge. Vengence is left for the Almighty and he can do a better job than you can

You are not stupid. You loved, and were betrayed. Wasnt such a bad deal though now was it? You got a beautiful child now didnt you.(was that a smile I see,,, yep I knew it)

But on the otherhand, if the petitons have not been approved yet.. they can be withdrawn at anytime. But if you do that, you will regret and be filled with guilt at some point. Why have you not had the interview yet? Is michigan normally extremely long adj of status or is he being looked at? In anyway, if you want to get divorced before interview to adjust, it will be out of your hands per say as far as pulling his papers. USCIS will terminate . He will then just marry someone else to adjust his status.

Be well my dear and move on and file for that child support b/c even if he gets to stay, he will never be able to be US citizen unless his court ordered child support is always current. and send a copy of the order to USCIS for his file.

There ... see you can be a winner after all.