50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: MOHAN Plz Advise!

As you know, my case has been pending background check after interview in NYC since May 2004. I just randomly called my congressman's office yesterday to inquire about my case, and today I got a message at home from my congressman office telling me that my background check had cleared in the system since two months!!!
    Now, how do I get the DAO in charge of my case to get back to my file and make a decision?

Thanks!

As you know, my case has been pending background check after interview in NYC since May 2004. I just randomly called my congressman's office yesterday to inquire about my case, and today I got a message at home from my congressman office telling me that my background check had cleared in the system since two months!!!
    Now, how do I get the DAO in charge of my case to get back to my file and make a decision?

Thanks!

Kalla,

If I were you I would ask the congressman to give something in writting (Fax, email, letter, etc.) that you can take the USC local office.
    Then pay a visit to the local office and make an inquiry about your case. Whoever is there would have to tell you one of the 2 things:

1-Your case is pending due to name check, in which situation you would provide the letter from the congressman.
    2-Your background check has been cleared and we are waiting to schedule an appointment. This is the tricky one because there is nothing you can do about that. However, people you will talk to at the desk usually say that in order to get rid of you. So, you must insist. Like ask them how much longer is it going to take based on their current backlog. Better yet, try to do an infopoint schedule since that will give lead you to someone with a little more power to pull some strings.

Hope this helps.

Man, there must be something wrong. Your case has taking so long. But keep it cool, you will get through it.
    Peace.

But I was already interviewed in May 2004. Is there also a backlog in order to get back to pending cases?

take an appointment thru info pass. Go to Federal plaza. Explain him that your case is pending since 2004 and you made several visits , ask to speak with supervisor.
    tell your story and ask to expidite it.
    you will get an answer. if you don't speak to supervisor then file will not move .. you should know. tell them that you aleardy have security clearance.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

I am traveling to California for 2 weeks and will make an INFOPASS upon my return.

Please do not listen to the congressman. They think the background check is a fingerprint check only. There are 3 separate background checks conducted and they don't have access to check all three. Congressional inquiries are responded to IN WRITING. If he/she has a written response from CIS saying that the check has cleared than the case could have been closed out at the same time (assuming that nothing else was missing). So why wasn't it? An adjudicator provides the congressional responses that the congressional unit sends out so they could very easily have closed the case out. This sounds like the congressman checked the fingerprint results and determined that the checks were "complete".