50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 file at CSC

we filed an I-751 last monday at the CSC. by wednesday the check (payment) was already cashed and yesterday the notice already came in the mail!
    impressive speed!
    the notice did say it's taking them a "minimum of 330 days to process the file" -- has anyone filed a 751 lately? did it really take close to 1 year?

we filed an I-751 last monday at the CSC. by wednesday the check (payment) was already cashed and yesterday the notice already came in the mail!
    impressive speed!
    the notice did say it's taking them a "minimum of 330 days to process the file" -- has anyone filed a 751 lately? did it really take close to 1 year?

I'm not so sure about the issue.

I've never experieced it before, but I guess you shouldn't have to worry about it.

It might say so, but just relax. You might or might not receive your renewed card, but instead you'll remain a permanent resident until after three years. Then you'll be applying for your American citizenship.

Take it easy.

Michael
    Cashing a check is fast; stamping a piece of paper removing conditions can take 2 years

thanks guys -- we are in no rush whatsoever ... the only thing is that we decided to proceed with an international adoption and after meeting with the attorney we found out that things get a little tricky being that my wife is USC and I am a GC holder, so of course, once i can apply for citizenship, we could have an easier time getting the adoption approved. i am hoping that since she is usc, we can still at least get the papers in motion. we are looking to adopt a child from mexico, which we have visited at an orphanage a couple of times.

Hi,
    I did file my I-751 by the end of Dec. I got my check cashed and my receipt with one year extension too. On the letter it says contact us if no response is received in 11 months. In reality California center is reviewing cases filed on June11, 2005. It should take about 7-8 months for my case to be reviewed, if I am lucky, they will just approve it. If not another 5-6 months delays, and the case will go to local Los Angeles downtown office, then they will schedule an interview with me and my spouse. My lawyer claims that about 20% of applicatns get interviews, but now NY BCIS office is sending extra I-751 applications to California, so maybe even less chances for interview! Good luck and keep me posted!

How are the affidavits supposed to be? Are they just two letters from the people that know you or do they have to be notarized.

Hi,
    My lawyer made me have 5 affidavits, all notarized and from US citizens. Include their phone #, address, year of naturalization and from where do they know you.