publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Law Question: N-400 Submitted Now we have to relocate.

We just submitted out N-400s and have been told/asked by employer to relocate to the other side of the country (From Illinois to California) We are likely to be doing so withing the next 60 days, well before the process will be completed (The fee's showed as processed 3 days ago)

I'm know I'll need to let the USCIS know when we move (we are Perm Residents with an A number so we need to tell them anyway) but can anyone shed light on how our move might complcate matters.
    Many Thanks

Alan

We just submitted out N-400s and have been told/asked by employer to relocate to the other side of the country (From Illinois to California) We are likely to be doing so withing the next 60 days, well before the process will be completed (The fee's showed as processed 3 days ago)

I'm know I'll need to let the USCIS know when we move (we are Perm Residents with an A number so we need to tell them anyway) but can anyone shed light on how our move might complcate matters.
    Many Thanks

Alan

You will be fine just nmake sure they have your current address. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan:

Many Thanks

Alan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

In order for you to be interviewed at the new location you will have to be resident in that State for 3 months. They won't be able to interview you until you meet that requirement. They may also be a delay for them to send your application to the new District Office in your new State.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Your move doesn't complicate matters, but may delay processings significantly.

The way USCIS works (or so it appears) is that everything is streamlined like in a conveyor where, ideally, your case passes through x number of predetermined steps and each step is directly connected to the next , like a chain.

If you break the sequence then the mechanics of the process are interrupted and I have read posts on forums where some people ended up doing several INFOpasses throughout 9 months , with no avail (this is not universal, though, and in your case everything could go smoothly, with relatively insignificant delays).

If you move (and are unfortunate enough to have your case fall of conveyor) eventually your case will be processed , however it would be in your best interests if you waited to file unless you moved to a new location and knew you would stay where you applied for the duration of the proceedings.

Good luck.
    [IMG:left]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_71xng3bfgYI/TTr2VioHvHI/AAAAAAAAAF8/S3D_j5sPwTo/s1600/62846660_Dali.jpg[/IMG] [i]When Andre Breton discovered for himself my paintings, he was clearly shocked by excremental details polluting it. I was surprised.