50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Entering canada from US and I94

Can anyone tell me please if someone is visiting the US on a waiver, and then goes to Niagra falls where he will cross the Canadian border at some point and re-enter the US again, will he have to surrender the I94 upon leaving US border?
    Will he have to get another one attached to his passport when he re-enters the US?

I can't find information about it, I know usually you have to surrender the I94, but just wondered what happens at places like Niagra Falls.
    I have checked their website, doesn't explain much about visitors from other countries entering through US.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Can anyone tell me please if someone is visiting the US on a waiver, and then goes to Niagra falls where he will cross the Canadian border at some point and re-enter the US again, will he have to surrender the I94 upon leaving US border?
    Will he have to get another one attached to his passport when he re-enters the US?

I can't find information about it, I know usually you have to surrender the I94, but just wondered what happens at places like Niagra Falls.
    I have checked their website, doesn't explain much about visitors from other countries entering through US.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sprint!
    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Hi Caribbean man!

Hi sprint.. yeah you have to surrender
    your 1-94 when you leave the US border.
    ( Im assuming your friend is a tourist)

I think she need another visa for US re-entry.

Hi speed, yeah that is what I thought, but just no information about it anywhere. Visa's are mentioned but not visa waivers, and what happens to I94.

Not sure about Canada, but when someone on VWP visits Mexico for a day or two, I-94 is not taken away. I would assume the same is with one-day trip to Canada. If a new I-94 is issued, it would be valid for the remaining period, not new 90 days.

Thank you Aneri for that information.

My friend from the UK wants to be sure that its done right so he doesn't run into trouble when he finally leaves the US when he returns home after his visit.
    Luckily he doesn't need a visa to enter Canada, so at least that is one less thing to worry about.

Depends on how long you are going for.

Assuming its long enough to surrender it then you get a new I-94W for the balance of the 90 days on re entry.