free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Green Card Lottery

Guys,

Me and my wife we are willing to apply for the Green card lottery. do we need to submit two seperate applications? or one application?

If we need to submit two seperate applications, we have to put each other names as spouse, will this disqualify us, because we are submitting two applications each with our two names but each has the principle applicant and his spouse?

please help,

Dani

Guys,

Me and my wife we are willing to apply for the Green card lottery. do we need to submit two seperate applications? or one application?

If we need to submit two seperate applications, we have to put each other names as spouse, will this disqualify us, because we are submitting two applications each with our two names but each has the principle applicant and his spouse?

please help,

Dani

One application will cover you and your spouse. Go here for more information. Best of luck!

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/2009DVInstructions.pdf

I agree, but look to FAQ Question 10 and 11.

If i submit mine alone, I have to inlude my spouse, and if she did she has to include mine, so can we apply two applications each has the other? it is confusing.

The way I read it is yes - if you both qualify for the DV Lottery, you can file two separate applications.

Ok, but do I need submit seperate application and not to mention her in my application? and she needs to do the same?

Hi Danix4646,

You should each include the spouse on the applications (and any dependent children). The DV lottery process includes family members.

Great, so that means when I apply I have to include her, and when she applies she has to include me. So we have a high chance of winning and our applications will not be rejected we seem like we applied twice

Right?

10. MAY A HUSBAND AND A WIFE EACH SUBMIT A SEPARATE ENTRY?
    Yes, a husband and a wife may each submit one entry if each meets the eligibility requirements. If either were selected, the other would be entitled to derivative status.

I copied this from the DV Lottery Instructions. You both should be able to file applications (listing the spouse) as long as you both meet the eligibility requirements for the lottery.

God bless all good people in America including you.