50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: usc married to illegal alien

MY SPOUSE CAME INTO THE UNITED STATES ASSUMING ANOTHER PERSONS IDENTITY,HOW CAN WE FILE FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS.SHE CAME IN THRU THE AIRPORT.PLS TELL ME HOW TO GO ABOUT IT AND ANY ONE CAN RECOMMEND GOOD LAWYERS

MY SPOUSE CAME INTO THE UNITED STATES ASSUMING ANOTHER PERSONS IDENTITY,HOW CAN WE FILE FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS.SHE CAME IN THRU THE AIRPORT.PLS TELL ME HOW TO GO ABOUT IT AND ANY ONE CAN RECOMMEND GOOD LAWYERS

SHE IS ILLEGAL HERE THAT I KNOW BUT SHE IS SO NICE AND CARING I WANT TO MAKE LIFE MORE COMFORTABLE FOR HER SHE IS MY WIFE REMEMBER

Grint lover; get out of my country with your illegal grint !!!

BURN GRINT BURN!!!!

AMERICA - LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !!!!

Here's a section 212(a)(6)(C)(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA):

"... (i) In general.-Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible. ... "

She can not adjust her status while in the U.S. and must return back to her home country and apply for a visa through U.S. consulate/embassy. By leaving she'd become inadmissible for 10 years. To overcome the inadmissibility there's a waiver form I-601. How to file this waiver and how long it takes is a whole another story. There's a very good web resource immigrate2us.net that has a whole community of people filing it.

You initiate her legalization process by filing an alien relative petition form I-130 on her behalf. Once it's approved, cleared the National Visa Center (NVC) and reached the embassy/consulate an interview date will be scheduled. During that interview her visa will be denied and she'd be advised to file a waiver (I-601). After the waiver approval with the help from immigrate2us.net she'd be granted a visa and re-admitted to the U.S.

It's a long and frustrating process but it's the only way for her to become a legal permanent resident.

Cheers.