free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illegal who's been in the US since February 2001

I have a question about the appropriate way to proceed to "legalize" an illegal's status. I have met and plan to marry someone who has been in the United States illegally since February 2001. We would like to marry and get him resident status. Is this possible? What kind of documentation would be required in this case? Any advice is appreciated. thank you.

I have a question about the appropriate way to proceed to "legalize" an illegal's status. I have met and plan to marry someone who has been in the United States illegally since February 2001. We would like to marry and get him resident status. Is this possible? What kind of documentation would be required in this case? Any advice is appreciated. thank you.

First, and this is very important...try to find out if the one you're marrying truly loves you and not just to legalize the stay.

Thanks for that advice. I appreciate it. We actually met over a year ago and I knew from the start his situation. We both feel it's very important to have everything straightened out for our future.

...try to find out if the one you're marrying truly loves you
    Yeah, that's it................................!

Anyways, Caliborn, did your fiance(e) entered the US legally?

Here is the link to what forms you need +I-130 + IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY AT LAW.
    http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm

Thanks mpodcsin - no he didn't enter legally. That's the biggest problem.

Having just met over a year ago is to me too short a period to know one another. While I don't want to be judgmental, many aliens now use this "romantic love" strategy to get their wish of legalizing their stay. And then, poor US citizens like you are dumped like trash once they get their papers worked out. Believe me, the number of such people is alarming...almost 50% end up getting divorce after becoming legal.

Someone12
    I guess another village has misplaced their resident idiot.....yet another example of some dodo marrying an illegal, believing that the illegal is really in love...sure.....take away any chance of a green card and you would see true love vanish.

many aliens now use this "romantic love" strategy to get their wish of legalizing their stay. And then, poor US citizens like you are dumped like trash once they get their papers worked out. Believe me, the number of such people is alarming...almost 50% end up getting
    If Caliborn's fiance(e) was marrying ONLY to get LPR, he/she would have known exactly what to do, because ill thoughts like such only come to those people mind, who have known successful examples of fake marriages.

Anyways, Caliborn, if your fiance(e) entered the US without
    inspection at the POE, then it depends on the circumstances. The best thing to do is consult an IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY AT LAW.

Here is the link: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=10180

Someone12
    Actually, the divorce rate is almost 70%- and more than half of those end up marrying (or in some cases) re-marrying their original spouse!!! A word to the wise...(of course, if any of these illegal alien lovers were wise, they wouldn't marry these leeching, greencard-seeking scumbags)