50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Extension

I am here with 6 months tourist visa, and was planning to go home on the 28th of Sept., but I want to get an extension. I want to attend the International Furniture Show in High Point N.C. on Oct. 17-19, and in New York in Nov., Is it wise to get an extension? this is my first time in U.S., but I had flown in different countries.
    I do not want to jeopardized my privelege to come to U.S. as tourist (multiple-10 years).
    When do you think is the best time to send in my applicaton/form for extension? I would like to submit my form for N.C. Furniture Show as soon as possible. I would be staying with my sister, does she have to send any supporting papers along with the application? Thanks for your time.

I am here with 6 months tourist visa, and was planning to go home on the 28th of Sept., but I want to get an extension. I want to attend the International Furniture Show in High Point N.C. on Oct. 17-19, and in New York in Nov., Is it wise to get an extension? this is my first time in U.S., but I had flown in different countries.
    I do not want to jeopardized my privelege to come to U.S. as tourist (multiple-10 years).
    When do you think is the best time to send in my applicaton/form for extension? I would like to submit my form for N.C. Furniture Show as soon as possible. I would be staying with my sister, does she have to send any supporting papers along with the application? Thanks for your time.

you have to send the application at least 3months left on your visa, it is the best way, but could you not return to your country and come back

I guess I can, but if I leave on the 28th of Sept., will INS let me come back in such short days? right now I'm trying to weigh the advantages in disadvantages of extension.
    Do you see any difficulties in asking for extension right now? Is it because this is my first time in U.S.?
    I just started my business, and trying to save some money, but If it's better to go home first, I will consider that. I do not want to tarnish my priveleges.

if you choose to use the extension make sure its 3 months into your stay, and if you choose to leave an return, i dont really think htye can do anything if your a tourist and dont work in the US while your here, but even if you do file for the extension, dont overstay if you havent heard anything by the time your visa expires and it could ruin your changes of travelling to the states in the future...good luck