50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Banned 10 Years

Banned from the United States for 10 years.

I have married friends who came to this country illegally in 1992.

Both have ITN numbers and have paid taxes every year.

They have 3 children who were born here.

Their sister, who is an American citizen first petitioned for her mother
    who was in the United States illegally, and sucessfully received a resident card.
    Her mother went to the American Embassy in Juarez and received her re-entry
    permit and visa... No ban. no hard time for being in the country illegally. This was ~1992.

Sister then petitions for Brother and Wife via a F41 and F42 visa petition.
    Sister and mother are financial co sponsors. Sister the petitioner. This was ~1993

Major time passes.

Sister calls checking case status and INS has no record of the petition. Luckily, sister had
    copies of certified receipt, money order receipt, and all previously submitted. All resubmitted.
    This was ~2002.

Time passes.

At the end of 2005, the couple were requested to go to Juarez for their interview.
    They received, at their US address, a standard list of paperwork to bring. On the petitions, couple showed address
    in the United States where they lived, where they worked, etc, etc... They were TOTALLY
    truthful.

Their mother who was a financial sponsor died 1 year earlier.

Couple and sister take off to Juarez and leave children behind.

They go to interview. They explained that their mother had died..again truthful.
    The agent looked over their application and said since your mother had died
    that he wished he could approve the petitions. He did not ask for another sponsor
    or anything. He said he was sorry, but there is not anything he can do.
    He denied their petition, infact handed them the entire petition[s] back to them.
    He told them they are banned from the United States for 10 years and quoted section
    "212 (A) (9) (B) (II)"

I really do not know if they were rejected because they lost a co-sponsor or if they were
    in the country illegally. I think INS will send some type of Rejection Notice.
    They really do not know why they were rejected.

Questions.

What would be a next course of action? An attorney?
    What can this couple expect to go through? What about their children?
    Is it possible to get some type of waiver due to the extreme hardship on the children
    {Ages 4, 11 and 14}.
    What could possible happen to the couple if they returned to the United States under the 10 year ban?
    Will INS check to see if they are back in the United States?

If the petition was not lost in the first place, their mother would been alive {speculating}
    and all would have been ok.

I need to show this couple some light at the end of the tunnel but I do not want it to be
    the light on the front of a train.

Respectfully...Danny

Banned from the United States for 10 years.

I have married friends who came to this country illegally in 1992.

Both have ITN numbers and have paid taxes every year.

They have 3 children who were born here.

Their sister, who is an American citizen first petitioned for her mother
    who was in the United States illegally, and sucessfully received a resident card.
    Her mother went to the American Embassy in Juarez and received her re-entry
    permit and visa... No ban. no hard time for being in the country illegally. This was ~1992.

Sister then petitions for Brother and Wife via a F41 and F42 visa petition.
    Sister and mother are financial co sponsors. Sister the petitioner. This was ~1993

Major time passes.

Sister calls checking case status and INS has no record of the petition. Luckily, sister had
    copies of certified receipt, money order receipt, and all previously submitted. All resubmitted.
    This was ~2002.

Time passes.

At the end of 2005, the couple were requested to go to Juarez for their interview.
    They received, at their US address, a standard list of paperwork to bring. On the petitions, couple showed address
    in the United States where they lived, where they worked, etc, etc... They were TOTALLY
    truthful.

Their mother who was a financial sponsor died 1 year earlier.

Couple and sister take off to Juarez and leave children behind.

They go to interview. They explained that their mother had died..again truthful.
    The agent looked over their application and said since your mother had died
    that he wished he could approve the petitions. He did not ask for another sponsor
    or anything. He said he was sorry, but there is not anything he can do.
    He denied their petition, infact handed them the entire petition[s] back to them.
    He told them they are banned from the United States for 10 years and quoted section
    "212 (A) (9) (B) (II)"

I really do not know if they were rejected because they lost a co-sponsor or if they were
    in the country illegally. I think INS will send some type of Rejection Notice.
    They really do not know why they were rejected.

Questions.

What would be a next course of action? An attorney?
    What can this couple expect to go through? What about their children?
    Is it possible to get some type of waiver due to the extreme hardship on the children
    {Ages 4, 11 and 14}.
    What could possible happen to the couple if they returned to the United States under the 10 year ban?
    Will INS check to see if they are back in the United States?

If the petition was not lost in the first place, their mother would been alive {speculating}
    and all would have been ok.

I need to show this couple some light at the end of the tunnel but I do not want it to be
    the light on the front of a train.

Respectfully...Danny

jump the border and wait for the amnesty. should be a year away.

as long as they don't commit crimes, the US will never deport them. Work and don't even have to pay taxes!

-= nav =-

I guess that there truly are consequences for disrespecting America's sovereignty and rule-of-law.

The most likely reason that your friends are unable to return to America for ten years is because they remained in the country illegally for a period exceeding 365 days. Even if their mother (a financial sponsor) was still alive, they would have been denied for the above-mentioned reason.

I am sure that your friend's children won't mind being raised in Mexico. After all, thousands of Hispanic students were throwing tantrums on America's streets this week while waving the Mexican flag and screaming, "Mexico, Mexico, Mexico." It would appear from this display of rank stupidity that Hispanic children don't appreciate the opportunity of being raised in America.

Indeed, given that many thousands of Hispanic adults were behaving likewise, it appears obvious to me that your friends likely feel themselves to be fortunate to be home in a country that they love...or thought that they loved while they were squatters in America.