free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I really need some help on my situation

I came to USA where I applied for asylum. My attoney was very incapable, so I lost the case. It is a long story. I did not have money to pursue it further. I have never receieved a letter of deportation. My question is: as my son very soon will be citizen what shall I do to be with him. What do I need to do? Anybody can help me?

Thanks

I came to USA where I applied for asylum. My attoney was very incapable, so I lost the case. It is a long story. I did not have money to pursue it further. I have never receieved a letter of deportation. My question is: as my son very soon will be citizen what shall I do to be with him. What do I need to do? Anybody can help me?

Thanks

If your son is 21 or older, he can file an I-130 for you. As an immediat family member of a US Citizen a visa number will be automatically available to you once your case is approved by the Service Center. Since I chatted with you before, I know your Service center is the Vermont Service Center. As of today, the vermont service Center is processing cases with Priority Date of February 5 2006, meaning they are processing cases that were filed seven months ago.

Good luck,

Newly

Thank you Newlyvery much. My son is still waiting for the oath date. He called Vermont and he was told that if he does not hear by mid october, he has to call them again.
    Shall my son fill out the form I-130 now or when he becomes citizen? Meanwhile I have my social security number and the A-number. Do I need other documents while sending the I-130 form?

My son is 25 years old, so he can file for me.

Very appreciative of your asssitance.

Friendly

Your son is an LPR at the moment, he can not file a petition for a parent unless he becomes a USC. So you must wait untill he becomes a USC.

The process in D.C. is a bit slow because they only do it once a month. I heard they are trying to increase the number of ceremonies to accommodate the number of applicants. As such, your son should hear them soon.

Your son has to wait after the oath in order to apply for you. Once he takes the oath, he can apply for you immediately. Be sure to tell him to make a copy of the Certificate before he sends in his passport application. That way he can send the copy with your application. The Certificate says "do not make copies without authorization", but that doesn't apply to your son. It's a measure put in place to prevent other people from doing so.

I wish you luck

Newly

Thanks for your help. I looked at the I-130 form. My second question is o I need to file I-485 form too?

So, to be clear, my son is going to file I-130 form and no other form?

Friendly

Sorry, I might have mistyped smth that printed the (angry face)

Thanks

Yes, you can file I-130 and I-485 concurently. Be sure to follow the direction.

Newly

It's funny that no one tells you this though.
    Your son can even be governor,you CAN legally still be deported.Regardless,what family members are in the US legally and are citizen.

You personal lost a case,with the court of law aka immigration law facing the immigration judge and he denied your case.Just because you did not receive a letter of removal doesn't mean anything.Um, You can still get it.

I do not wanna bring your hopes down,but fact is,having immidiate relatives here does no always safe your "butt"

And here is my advice as far looking for an attorney goes.Look for an attorney who is ONLY and Mainly speciliast in Immigration Law.
    Not someone who practice immigration law,next to 15 other laws, such as Divorce,Abuse,Bankrupcy,Criminal,Business etc