free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strange setuation

a friend of mine got married to a u.s citizen in jordan 6 months ago..they went through the counsolate process,,he entered the u.s on k-3 visa..and then they filed the i-485 and all that..and he called me today and i was shocked when he told me that he got his green card,,but he recieved the 10 years card straight?lol..how in the h e l l this happened? he entered and they filed for the adjustment and 6 months later he recieved the 10 years card...and i mean k-3...not cr-1 or ir-1 ...k-333333333333333 lol..and they have been married for almost a year only,,so how?

a friend of mine got married to a u.s citizen in jordan 6 months ago..they went through the counsolate process,,he entered the u.s on k-3 visa..and then they filed the i-485 and all that..and he called me today and i was shocked when he told me that he got his green card,,but he recieved the 10 years card straight?lol..how in the h e l l this happened? he entered and they filed for the adjustment and 6 months later he recieved the 10 years card...and i mean k-3...not cr-1 or ir-1 ...k-333333333333333 lol..and they have been married for almost a year only,,so how?

ok my fault,,,they got married 13 months ago,,she went there and they lived together ,,they process through the embassy ..he entered the u.s in may 2007 on k-3..filed for adjustment ..and now he got the 10 years card? how

i was asking him about his trip,,and then i said well,,it's still early to talk about this,,but later i will remind u when u have to file to remove the condetion on ur card,,,and he said what condetion,,and i said well,,u got the 2 years card and later on and i start telling him and then he said,,wellmine is 10 years?and i said what r u talking about?and he said,,well it expired in 2017?and i went ...what r u talking about?and he said it is the 10 years ,,and i said no way,,r u sure,,and he said offcourse iam,,iam looking at the card..lol....i have never ever heard of something like this .what do u guys think

i mean IR-1 and we understand,,but k-3?

Money talks...your friends USC must be caucasion, father has "connections".Probably "daddy's little princess" so what she wants, she gets.

Hi Mike,

Any update on how this strange situation occurred? Does this mean that the USCIS have varying rules?

Your cats make me laugh!
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

lol... actually i still dont have any idea how this happened .. i never heard of something like that ...i know u get the 2 years card and then i-751 etc..... he entered the country on k-3 visa and he filed the adjustment and then recieved his 10 years card , no idea how

It happens

They made a mistake

He still needs to file for his 1 year GC 2 years - 90 days after he got his GC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:

He still needs to file for his 1 year GC 2 years - 90 days after he got his GC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why would he need to file if he has a 10 year G/C ?