50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why didn't the "U.S." control it's illegal immigration problem?

Why didn't the "U.S." control the illegal immigration problem over the past ten years or so? Illegal immigrants are guilty of breaking the law. What part has the U.S. played in allowing this situation to evolve to what it's become today in need of another reform?

Comment as to who and why it's been an advantage?

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you.

Why didn't the "U.S." control the illegal immigration problem over the past ten years or so? Illegal immigrants are guilty of breaking the law. What part has the U.S. played in allowing this situation to evolve to what it's become today in need of another reform?

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you.

I think this is rather easy! The political issue - the republican controlled house and senate - the business owners (usually republican voters) are protected (under the table) by the republican party. These businesses benefit from illegal workers, so the government doesn't do anything. When Bush took office, it was on his agenda to reform the Immigration Service. He's been dragging it around since then!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

And, I'll add that NOT fixing the borders after 911 and failing to protect Americans from an outside invasion has been a CRIMINAL ACT on behalf of THIS ADMINISTRATION AND THE REPUBLICAN-CONTROLLED CONGRESS up until now - THE VERY SAME POLITICAL PARTY THAT OUR RESIDENT MORONS BELOW SUPPORT.

*AND* the very fact that they direct their hate and dissatisfaction TOWARDS the illegal aliens and NOT our government for failing to seal our borders from them IS PROOF that these people are bitter miserable racists.

Interesting to note that most of the Conservative Media is careful to diassociate itself from the Republican Party.

Easy answer is follow the money.

The correct question is, why do native Americans didn't control illegal immigration problem in the 17th century? that was really a problem for native indigenous people, they had to see how those illegal raped indigenous women, took their land, exterminated their race ,I almost forgot to mention how indigenous people had to experience being slaved.

so, if you compare xvll century illegal immigration, with today's immigration, obviously today's immigration is a lot better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora:
    Why didn't the "U.S." control the illegal immigration problem over the past ten years or so? Illegal immigrants are guilty of breaking the law. Groups of Americans are anti-immigrant because of this. Any Anti-American groups out there now because of the U.S. having been so laxed? What part has the U.S. played in allowing this situation to evolve to what it's become today in need of another reform? Is it about money and the global corporations? In what ways have illegal aliens benefited themselves and the U.S. also. If there hasn't been any benefit, why didn't the U.S. censor employers, strengthen the border and consistently perform ICE raids, etc. etc.?

There are so many comments about the grief illegals have caused this country. By the same token, an open-minded and realistic person would see an issue from more angles than one. Remember, there's two sides to a coin.

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora:

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The problem with illegal immigration is a combination of ineffective immigration bills from 1986 to present, over 8000 miles of open border both in the North and South, a failure to meet the demands of the changing migration demographics, and a few other conditions. The US has increased enforcement for the past 10 years by increasing Border Patrol Agents from 3000 to 10000, increased fines, increased penalties, and have built a fence in California near Tijuana, Mexico. And yet, illegal immigration has still increased. It is more of a byproduct of a failed immigration system than those who simply "break the law." Building a fence on the Southern border alone would cost more than $10 billion dollars with an operational budget of about $2 billion for maintenance. CBP budget this year does not exceed $7 billion.

Until reasonable solutions are made, it will continue to be a problem even if a high tech fence is built or employers face larger fines.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hudson:
    It is more of a byproduct of a failed immigration system than those who simply "break the law." Building a fence on the Southern border alone would cost more than $10 billion dollars with an operational budget of about $2 billion for maintenance. CBP budget this year does not exceed $7 billion.

As always, interesting input. As I've said many times, the U.S. has allowed this. The numbers have skyrocketed. What used to be only males crossing the border there's been many, many more females recently. Reminds me of my analogy of the U.S. and Dr. Albert Schweitzer when he was in Africa leaving his cabinet door open. Missing items until he put a lock on it.

Former President Vincente Fox was one of the first saying the U.S. will come up with some type of guest-worker program and not build the fence. I think he and others will be proven right. (They might need the guest-worker program to hire the Mexican's to build it!)

I also sense from recent readings that the U.S. will impose more requirements/fines on employers. American's complained about our border security and they're also expecting to see more imposed on employers. Since border security has been on the table it's nearing time they'll expect something done about how employers will be dealt with. The U.S. has to make a "showing." If only temporarily, they'll be appeased one way or another until real reform will be implemented.