50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: E-2 to LPR

What can an E-2 Investor do to become an LPR?

What can an E-2 Investor do to become an LPR?

You are Treaty investor E-2, It depend on your country of origin, how long you have been in the same business in US. How many pepoles are working in your Company.

I am from Sweden. I have been here for nearly 4 years. My company has been very profitable, and it employs 15 people. I know that I can continue to be in E-2 status for a long time. I need to know if there is any way I can file for a green card.

Thank you for your help.

As you know, there is no direct "conversion" from E-2 to Green Card, no matter how long you've been in the U.S. and how well your investment enterprise is doing. You have to somehow fit into one of the Green Card categories. You can get a family-based Green Card or an employment-based Green Card. If you have a U.S. citizen spouse, adult child, parent, or even sibling, then that person could sponsor you for a Green Card. The process could take from one to 12 years, depending on which U.S. Citizen family member is sponsoring you. If you try to get a Green Card through employment you need a U.S. employer willing to act as your sponsor. In most such cases the U.S. employer offering you a job would have to obtain Labor Certification from the U.S. Dept. of Labor, a dreadful process that requires the employer to advertise the job and show that no willing and qualified U.S. workers wanted the position. You could also try to get an "EB5" or "Employment Creation Investor Visa." To qualify for the EB5, you must have invested between $500,000 and $1,000,000, depending on the employment rate in the geographical area, in a U.S. business that creates at least 10 new full-time jobs for U.S. workers, not including you (the investor) and your family. Finally, you can always keep trying each year for the Diversity Visa (i.e., visa lottery). Det finns, tyvärr, ingen enkel och snabb lösning till ditt problem.