50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does FBI background check take?

Dear All!
    I provided my fingerprints to the Brooklyn Application Processing Center on January 07, 2004. Yesterday I receive a notice of action informing met hat my interview is scheduled for June 02, 2004 at the NYC office.
    From your experiences, how long does it take for fingerprint results to get back to Immigration? I am just wondering as I would love my passport to be stamped that day. My AOS is based on a mariage with a USC.
    Thanks for your input.

Dear All!
    I provided my fingerprints to the Brooklyn Application Processing Center on January 07, 2004. Yesterday I receive a notice of action informing met hat my interview is scheduled for June 02, 2004 at the NYC office.
    From your experiences, how long does it take for fingerprint results to get back to Immigration? I am just wondering as I would love my passport to be stamped that day. My AOS is based on a mariage with a USC.
    Thanks for your input.

fingerprints only take about 2 weeks for a result to show up. If your prints are identified (i.e., you've been arrested previously either by CIS or some city/state entity) it may take another 2-3 weeks for the rapsheet (listing what you were arrested for) to come in. There are several different background checks and an FBI name check (which is different from the fingerprints that are sent to the FBI), the 2 other checks that are required can take considerably longer. Be sure to bring everything you were requested to bring to the interview.

Thanks a lot Bronzelady. As a matter of fact I have never been arrested for anything, so I guess Iam cutting back 3 weeks n the process
    I have time to gather everything and will do so in order to be ready for the interview.
    Thnaks again!

Kalla,

How long was the process from when you sent out the n400

My FBI background check is not related to N400 (naturalization) but to I-485 (Adjustment Of Status).

kalla,
    what is your priority and receipt date on i485 noa...mine is march 19/2003. AOS is marriage based with USC. I will have fingerprint the 28th of this month. I will do biometrics for my second EAD on that date too.

my I-485 NOA date is.......September 23/2002...you still have a long way to go even though it looks like the NBC in MO is doing a good job processing the applications.
    Good luck to you Andy!

thanks for the reply Kalla, did you mean the priority date on your NOA is sept 23/2002 or you got the NOA on sept 2002.

Even though i'm 6 months behind you in the AOS waiting line, it's great to know that your case takes less than 2 years to get an interview. After hearing many bad news here, it's such a big relief.

6 months behind you can mean a year or more till i got my interview....but i think it's possible that i can get my interview at the end of this year or early next year.
    Finally, i can take my fingerprint and not worry about it expires before my interview. Apparently, fp last 15 months.

Andy,
    Priority date on NOA is Sept 23/2002...reasoning logically, you should be able to get your interview around December04/January05.
    Good luck!