50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 question: form sent, no answer after 2 months

My husband, USC, has sent the form I-130 two months ago. He has sent the envelope by regular mail, we don't have any answer yet. Can we find out if the Texas Service Center has our papers? Is there a phone # we can call? I'm not in USA now, I left to avoid an overstay.

Thanks.

My husband, USC, has sent the form I-130 two months ago. He has sent the envelope by regular mail, we don't have any answer yet. Can we find out if the Texas Service Center has our papers? Is there a phone # we can call? I'm not in USA now, I left to avoid an overstay.

Thanks.

I sent mine to Nebraska on 08/10/04 (regular mail)and received a receipt already with my receipt number. The receipt was dated on 08/23/04!!

Doesn't mean it will get processed any sooner but at least I got word that they received it. Did you check to see if your check was cashed yet?

Makes ya kind of wonder huh?

Angie

Thanks, Angie. I've sent a money order, wrong move, I guess. The problem is that my husband doesn't get mail at his address, he has a PO box, so he wrote on a separate sheet of paper the mailing address and on the envelope. I'm getting a little worried, everything we want to do next depends on that receipt number. I can't believe there's no way to check if they got our papers.
    I guess we'll wait. And I'm in Romania and he's in USA. But we're still on the same planet.

Hi So Confused,

I'll bet you anything that it is an address issue. I don't know what their policy is on returned mail but it seems to me that they probably generated the response to the address on the paperwork.

I would call the following number and find out what their process is on returned mail and how long it should take for a receipt from that service center.

National Customer Service Center
    1-800-375-5283

THe application asks for residence address and mailing address (they always do). What did you husband write in these sections? Then check those addresses for return mail or receipt notice.

The service center doesnt care what your husband wrote on the envelope. That is for the post office.

I think it seems suspicious that your husbnd is telling you that he wrote a different address for the immigration on a separate piece of paper. What paper is that?

Angie, Pepper, thanks for the quick reply. We'll try to find out if the money order was cashed in. They might have sent the receipt and maybe the post office has sent it back. My husband did everything right, I was in USA at that time, I saw the papers . I wonder if there's a way to get another receipt, send a written request or something like that.
    My head is spinning, I gues my nickname is appropriate right now.

Thanks a lot, guys .