50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help!

I'm a USC. I petitioned to bring my fiancee into the US. The K-1 visa was denied because previously in 1998, she had tried to enter the country with a birth certificate that wasn't hers, and got deported. She is now my wife. I understand I'll have to file an I-130. My question, will I have the same problem with the I-130, bringing her here? what are my options?
    Help! Thanks for your advise.

I'm a USC. I petitioned to bring my fiancee into the US. The K-1 visa was denied because previously in 1998, she had tried to enter the country with a birth certificate that wasn't hers, and got deported. She is now my wife. I understand I'll have to file an I-130. My question, will I have the same problem with the I-130, bringing her here? what are my options?
    Help! Thanks for your advise.

You may have some options. Ask this question at http://k1.exit.com

Those folks are experts at marriage based visa troubles.

I filed for a K-1 in february, we had an interview in Juarez on July 25th. this is when the K-1 visa was denied. we were planning a church wedding all along for August. so we just got married last week. I'm back in Houston and she had to stay behind. that's why I'll have to file an I-130 to update my satus.
    but, I wanted to get some advise first. TIA

Jon,

If you file an I-130, the deportation likely will be an issue. As I understand it, if you are deported you are then barred from reentering the US for a certain number of years. The bar would be an issue to obtaining an immigrant visa.

Don't lose hope, however, because the bar can be waived if you (the USC) spouse can show that you would suffer extreme hardship if your wife is denied entry to the US. You cannot ask for the wiaver until you have gone through the I-130 process and your wife has been denied a visa.

To get more information, check out
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...marriage-based. It's a discussion board devoted entirely to marriage-based visas.

Good luck.

does anybody think that an I-212, and an I-601 would help my situation?
    thanks for your input.