50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: HELP!! affadavit Support for AOS interview

Finally I was able to find my friend ot be my Sponsor for the AOS interview.

2 questions:
    1. Do the tax returns need to be the most curretn 3 yrs? Becuase my friend hasn't filed his tax for last year. He only has tax returns for 2000-2002. Will that be ok? He has all the paystub for the last 3 months.

2. He may not be able to find the original W-2 on those tax returns. He has to go to the acccountant to get those copies. Are copies of W-2 acceptable?

Finally I was able to find my friend ot be my Sponsor for the AOS interview.

2 questions:
    1. Do the tax returns need to be the most curretn 3 yrs? Becuase my friend hasn't filed his tax for last year. He only has tax returns for 2000-2002. Will that be ok? He has all the paystub for the last 3 months.

2. He may not be able to find the original W-2 on those tax returns. He has to go to the acccountant to get those copies. Are copies of W-2 acceptable?

Hi,
    Copies should be okay, so long as they are from the accountant. Yes, he needs tax returns for the past three years, filing for 2003 is long past and he's going to owe some major interest and penalties at this point, are you sure he can afford to sponsor y'all's petition? He might be able to use a letter from his job stating his employment, job, hours, how long at the job and so on to help cover any gaps in paperwork, but from I understand the past three years taxes is vital to showing sponsorship.

taxes for 2000, 2001, 2002 should be fine unless the interview is scheduled for after April 15, 2004 (when 2003 taxes are due to be filed).

Copies of the W2 are fine... if the accountant does not have them he can get them directly from the IRS.

Apologies, Spouse is right, I had my calendar off by a year and should have said the deadline for 2002 taxes are long overdue for filing. Paystubs for this year and a letter from Sponsor's employers verifying current job and pay are a good idea, though, especially as a non family member is to be the alien spouse's sponsor...

Thanks guys. Great help! I am crossing my fingers!