free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N 400

I filed my application with Nebraska Service Center 4 months ago and had fingerprinting done 2.5 months ago. Is there a way I can check my case status?

I called USCIS customer service and was told that nothing shows online before 6 months of filing have passed. I read immigration forums and many people say the can monitor their case status online. I tried that and always got an error message. Help!!

I filed my application with Nebraska Service Center 4 months ago and had fingerprinting done 2.5 months ago. Is there a way I can check my case status?

I called USCIS customer service and was told that nothing shows online before 6 months of filing have passed. I read immigration forums and many people say the can monitor their case status online. I tried that and always got an error message. Help!!

Speed_025

I tried that, I entered my LIN* ******xx number and it gave me an error message.

I called the service center they told it doesn't show before 6-7months passed after I filed.

Validation Error(s)
    You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
    In fact, that's what I get when I entermy receipt number:

Case Status Retrieval Failed
    The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Hi decent,
    my NOA 1 receipt number didn't work too. However, I've just received NOA biometrics with different number on it, and it works.
    Check both NOA, maybe you have different numbers..
    Good luck!

THat is not true, your case should show up online if you case number is corrrect and has been loaded. You do not have to wait for 6-7 months before it shows up online. THink about it, the target is process all N-400 applications in less than 6 months. If you have to wait for more than 6 months online, then something is seriouly wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by decent:
    Speed_025

I tried that, I entered my LIN* ******xx number and it gave me an error message.

I called the service center they told it doesn't show before 6-7months passed after I filed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Birdy 20
    My NOA and FP application number is one and the same. What do you mean by biometrics?

Thoughtful,
    I entered my number more than 20 times. Nothing!! What do I do? I called the service center and was told it doesn't show up on their screen too!!

Decent:

Sometimes it just takes USCIS a long time to put the receipt numbers into the system. I don't know why some of the receipt numbers show up almost immdediately and some take a long time. I know of at least one person who naturalized without the receipt number ever showing up on the online system. So don't worry too much, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your case.
    Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

If it does not show up on the customer's service screen when you call, then I do not know what to tell you. Where you transferred to an immigration officer? You might want to consider doing an info pass.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Thoughtful,
    I entered my number more than 20 times. Nothing!! What do I do? I called the service center and was told it doesn't show up on their screen too!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>