50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: affadavit of support

a friend asked me to put this on the forum. She was asked by a friend if she could provide evidence of affadavit of support. Her friend who is a USC is sponsoring her husband but does not have a job because she was laid off several months ago and has difficulty finding a job. Can anyone be asked to do this and what does it entails-job letter, bank statement. Thanks for response. A 2nd question-can you reach this far in the process(asking for evidence to support) and still be denied.

a friend asked me to put this on the forum. She was asked by a friend if she could provide evidence of affadavit of support. Her friend who is a USC is sponsoring her husband but does not have a job because she was laid off several months ago and has difficulty finding a job. Can anyone be asked to do this and what does it entails-job letter, bank statement. Thanks for response. A 2nd question-can you reach this far in the process(asking for evidence to support) and still be denied.

Please check the link for instructions on joint sponsorship. I don't think there are any restrictions on who can be a joint sponsor. They need to be aware that by agreeing to sponsor the immigrant, it is a legal, binding contract between them and the US government (not something to take lightly).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/i.../info/info_3202.html

I am a little bit confused-is providing affadavit of support the same as sponsoring the person. I know financially you are obligated to that person when you provide evidence of support but I didnt think it would be the same as sponsoring that person-do you mind clarifying that for me. Thanks

Take a look here:

http://www.immihelp.com/greenc...upport-relative.html

The joint sponsor is not the petitioner, but assumes the same financial responsibility as the primary sponsor (petitioner) when they sign the Affadavit of Support. Additionally, the incomes of the Sponsor and Joint Sponsor cannot be combined.

Do you want to risk your financial future for someone that you don't know?

I would think twice about doing it but my friend said she has known this person for over 30 yrs, born 2 days apart, went to same school and college. She considers her family-the sister she never had.

if u want affadavit of support i will provide it with very low cherges

Yes, you can reach this far and still be denied. It all depends on the consulate who you see in the interview.