free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Enquiries

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm a Canadian citizen living in Kuwait. I got married seven months ago and as of now I'm wishing to sponsor my husband from here in Kuwait. My questions are regarding the Family Class Applications.

I've read the applications thoroughly but some information raises questions and some confuses me. I like to ask questions, if I may.

Q1: Where are we to send our immigration applications to process: London OR Mississauga?

Q2: I'm a housewife, therefore I don't work nor had I before. Now my question is that, do I fill-out the Financial Application form? If so, how? I have enquired a lot about this from professional Canadian immigration lawyers and all of them have said that there is no need for you to fill out this particular form. Another thing, since I don't work, does my husband have to be the co-signer for some applications like Sponsorship Agreement and Application To Sponsor and Undertaking? I really want to clarify if this is correct or not, since I want the application process to speed up fast, so I can go back to Canada with my husband.

Q3: How about the Supplemantry Form? Does my husband have to fill-out that form?

Q4: I don't know on what date I became a permanent resident and which Canadian visa office issued my immigrate visa or confirmation of permanent residence? I immigrated to Canada with my family on the May 25, 1988. What is to be done regarding the information not being present?

Q5: Regarding the Additional Family Information Form: Section C, do we have to include all the family members including the married brothers and sisters or just the ones who are left behind meaning yet to get married?

Q6: I'm not a high school graduate, will this cause the applications to be delayed or rejected?

Q7: Who is the main principal applicant: me the sponsor or my husband the one being sponsored?

Q8: About the criminal clearance, does my husband have to get his fingerprints from all the countries he has stayed from since he was 18 years old? If so, how? How is he to get his fingerprints done from the previous countries he had stayed in? Is he to travel there back just to get his fingerprints done? Where do we get the background clearance done? Am I to send the fingerprint results along with my immigration papers to London (where the applications process will take place)? Do I send the Police Certificate with the fingerprint form to the RCMP?

In conclusion, I would greatly appreciate if these questions are answered as I've asked a lot of people about these questions but the answers are always inconclusive.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. If you could, may I please get the response to this as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Khadeeja Akbar
    From Kuwait

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm a Canadian citizen living in Kuwait. I got married seven months ago and as of now I'm wishing to sponsor my husband from here in Kuwait. My questions are regarding the Family Class Applications.

I've read the applications thoroughly but some information raises questions and some confuses me. I like to ask questions, if I may.

Q1: Where are we to send our immigration applications to process: London OR Mississauga?

Q2: I'm a housewife, therefore I don't work nor had I before. Now my question is that, do I fill-out the Financial Application form? If so, how? I have enquired a lot about this from professional Canadian immigration lawyers and all of them have said that there is no need for you to fill out this particular form. Another thing, since I don't work, does my husband have to be the co-signer for some applications like Sponsorship Agreement and Application To Sponsor and Undertaking? I really want to clarify if this is correct or not, since I want the application process to speed up fast, so I can go back to Canada with my husband.

Q3: How about the Supplemantry Form? Does my husband have to fill-out that form?

Q4: I don't know on what date I became a permanent resident and which Canadian visa office issued my immigrate visa or confirmation of permanent residence? I immigrated to Canada with my family on the May 25, 1988. What is to be done regarding the information not being present?

Q5: Regarding the Additional Family Information Form: Section C, do we have to include all the family members including the married brothers and sisters or just the ones who are left behind meaning yet to get married?

Q6: I'm not a high school graduate, will this cause the applications to be delayed or rejected?

Q7: Who is the main principal applicant: me the sponsor or my husband the one being sponsored?

Q8: About the criminal clearance, does my husband have to get his fingerprints from all the countries he has stayed from since he was 18 years old? If so, how? How is he to get his fingerprints done from the previous countries he had stayed in? Is he to travel there back just to get his fingerprints done? Where do we get the background clearance done? Am I to send the fingerprint results along with my immigration papers to London (where the applications process will take place)? Do I send the Police Certificate with the fingerprint form to the RCMP?

In conclusion, I would greatly appreciate if these questions are answered as I've asked a lot of people about these questions but the answers are always inconclusive.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. If you could, may I please get the response to this as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Khadeeja Akbar
    From Kuwait

Dear Khadeeja,

Your answers

1. As you are applying from the Middle East your application will go to UK.

2. As you being the principal applicant you have to show that you enough income to sponsor him. As you don't work that will be a problem.

3. Yes he has to fill out the Supplementary form.

4. All you need is a copy of your Canadian Passport.

5. Everyone has to be entered from both sides on the additional family info.

6. That is a problem because you have to support him for 10 years as you are not employed it is a possibility to get denied.

7. You will be the main applicant.

8. He will have to get police clearance from the countries he has stayed in for more than 6 months. The certificates have to be sent once they are requested by the visa office not before that.

Khadeja are you currently residing in Kuwait or Canada, I think it will be difficult for you to sponsor him as you are not employed and this will show to the immigration authorities that you are not financially stable.

Also if you apply for family class currently the time line is between 24-36 months. What I suggest the best thing to do is for your husband to apply under the skilled category class.

If you are not intrested in doing that he could always get a visit visa and go with you to canada and from there you can apply under the family class as it will be much easier and less time consuming.

Regards

Eddie
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps

Hi Kadeeja

you may also want to visit Britishexpats.com

They have a whole section on Canadian immigration and valuable info. Best Wishes