Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Proposed repressive laws for Mo immigrants

January 24, 2008

Rep.Joe Aull,

I have been considering writing to you ever since I met in your office in Jeff City. There are a number of repressive laws being proposed in the Mo. House of Representatives, some of them more harmful than others. Some of them are useless duplications of Federal Law. Some of them have Constitutional questions and some are outright morally wrong or mean-spirited or un-Christian. I want to write to you about opposing two that are especially disgusting.

HB1463 College admission to undocumented immigrants.

I cannot understand someone with your background in the Education Profession being in favor of prohibiting a young man or woman who may have come to the U.S. as an infant, had no choice on how he/she came here, grew up here, excelled in high school, and now wants to go to college to better him/herself, I repeat prohibiting this child from going to college. This is absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. Joe, I will error in being trite-WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? The argument Rep Nolte uses is rediculous. He essentially says it would be unfair to the young person to let him/her to go to college and after graduation not being able to get a job because of immigration status. Give me credit for a little more intelligence than to believe this argument. The young bilingual graduate will be set for life either in this country sponsored by an American Corporation or with an American company with offices in Mexico, Spain, Central America, or South America. I seriously hope you will re-consider and oppose this really BAD public policy.

HB1394 Money transmissions.

I understand this law would require anyone wiring money out of the country to prove his/her lawful residence in this country. Are we trying to keep a son or daughter from providing money for food to the impoverished family back in the home country? Is this promoting family values? WWJD? Joe, please vote against this HB1394.

Most of the other bills are devised to make it so hard on undocumented hardworking families that they will leave. This is not the reason given for supporting these bills, but be assured it is the real reason. Ask Rep. Nolte, He says that the repressive laws of surrounding states like Oklahoma will drive them from Oklahoma and we have to make sure our laws are just as repressive so they don't stay here rather than just pass through. Now, is this Christian hospitality? What ever happened to "Welcome the stranger(alien),we were aliens in foreign lands once".

It is not a state function to legislate on immigration. We have enough to do without taking on the immigration responsibilities of the Federal Government. Law enforcement in the state does not want this responsibility for many good reasons.
    Keep your eyes and ears open as to the experience states passing laws like these are having.Check Oklahoma and Arizona. Many unexpected consequences may result not the least being political consequences. The Republicans have already lost the majority of the Hispanic vote.

Sincerely, Chuck Hird

January 24, 2008

Rep.Joe Aull,

I have been considering writing to you ever since I met in your office in Jeff City. There are a number of repressive laws being proposed in the Mo. House of Representatives, some of them more harmful than others. Some of them are useless duplications of Federal Law. Some of them have Constitutional questions and some are outright morally wrong or mean-spirited or un-Christian. I want to write to you about opposing two that are especially disgusting.

HB1463 College admission to undocumented immigrants.

I cannot understand someone with your background in the Education Profession being in favor of prohibiting a young man or woman who may have come to the U.S. as an infant, had no choice on how he/she came here, grew up here, excelled in high school, and now wants to go to college to better him/herself, I repeat prohibiting this child from going to college. This is absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. Joe, I will error in being trite-WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? The argument Rep Nolte uses is rediculous. He essentially says it would be unfair to the young person to let him/her to go to college and after graduation not being able to get a job because of immigration status. Give me credit for a little more intelligence than to believe this argument. The young bilingual graduate will be set for life either in this country sponsored by an American Corporation or with an American company with offices in Mexico, Spain, Central America, or South America. I seriously hope you will re-consider and oppose this really BAD public policy.

HB1394 Money transmissions.

I understand this law would require anyone wiring money out of the country to prove his/her lawful residence in this country. Are we trying to keep a son or daughter from providing money for food to the impoverished family back in the home country? Is this promoting family values? WWJD? Joe, please vote against this HB1394.

Most of the other bills are devised to make it so hard on undocumented hardworking families that they will leave. This is not the reason given for supporting these bills, but be assured it is the real reason. Ask Rep. Nolte, He says that the repressive laws of surrounding states like Oklahoma will drive them from Oklahoma and we have to make sure our laws are just as repressive so they don't stay here rather than just pass through. Now, is this Christian hospitality? What ever happened to "Welcome the stranger(alien),we were aliens in foreign lands once".

It is not a state function to legislate on immigration. We have enough to do without taking on the immigration responsibilities of the Federal Government. Law enforcement in the state does not want this responsibility for many good reasons.
    Keep your eyes and ears open as to the experience states passing laws like these are having.Check Oklahoma and Arizona. Many unexpected consequences may result not the least being political consequences. The Republicans have already lost the majority of the Hispanic vote.

Sincerely, Chuck Hird