50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello I really really need some help!

I am recently sent my certificate of citizenship to get my U.S. passport made. the problem is that i am traveling to Mexico in May. With the new rules that you need a U.S. passport I was wondering if there is a document i could get that would allow me to travel by plane. I also have a daughter who i recently applied for citizenship. What can i do? this is very urgent. help is very much appreciated.

I am recently sent my certificate of citizenship to get my U.S. passport made. the problem is that i am traveling to Mexico in May. With the new rules that you need a U.S. passport I was wondering if there is a document i could get that would allow me to travel by plane. I also have a daughter who i recently applied for citizenship. What can i do? this is very urgent. help is very much appreciated.

Your daughter is not a citizen yet. Therefore she must use a passport from the country of her citizenship. If Mexico requires citizens of your daughter's country to have a visa then she will need a visa. I don't know anything else that can be done about that in this short time. I mean if she has a travel document issued by the U.S. government she can travel using that, but it is too late to apply for one now for travel in May.

You have a certificate of citizenship? But you sent it out for a U.S. passport? Ok, well you can travel after you get your passport. Did you pay for expedited service? How long ago did you send out your passport application? Do you have a travel document to use instead?
    Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Depending on where you live, you can go to a Passport Agency and have them expedite your case by showing them you itinerary. But you have to pay the expedited fee.

You can also call this number and they'll change it for you or at least tell you how to go about doing that. Something similar happened to me. I simply called them, the next day I went to the Passport Agency with my receipts and picked up the passport. I must say, that I initially expedited my application. It's just that it would take two weeks for me to get it and the day after applied for the passport, I found out that I had to leave the country on assignment.

Here is the number 1-877-487-2778. Because of the new rule, they are experiencing high volumes of calls. You may have to wait for a while, just be patient. They are opened from 6:00Am to midnight M-F and limited hours on the weekend

Also check this link to see if you have a Passport Agency near you. http://travel.state.gov/passport/abo...ncies_913.html

I hope this helps

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I am recently sent my certificate of citizenship to get my U.S. passport made. the problem is that i am traveling to Mexico in May. With the new rules that you need a U.S. passport I was wondering if there is a document i could get that would allow me to travel by plane. I also have a daughter who i recently applied for citizenship. What can i do? this is very urgent. help is very much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have heard that if you have a notarized copy of the citizenship certificate, that would be acceptable at Mexican and Canadian borders until the end of this year. Maybe you made a copy?

I understand that my daughter is not a citizen <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Your daughter is not a citizen yet. Therefore she must use a passport from the country of her citizenship. If Mexico requires citizens of your daughter's country to have a visa then she will need a visa. I don't know anything else that can be done about that in this short time. I mean if she has a travel document issued by the U.S. government she can travel using that, but it is too late to apply for one now for travel in May.[/QUOTE]

She does have a green card which is what she previously used to travel. Her green card expired just recently when she was out of the country. She was taken to the U.S. Enbajada in Mexico and they gave her a paper that allowed her to come back. I was wonderiing if there is any way that they would grant us permition to travel, if they know that the paperwork is being done at the moment. The earliest my passport can be made is 6 months from now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amayra15:
    I understand that my daughter is not a citizen Your daughter is not a citizen yet. Therefore she must use a passport from the country of her citizenship. If Mexico requires citizens of your daughter's country to have a visa then she will need a visa. I don't know anything else that can be done about that in this short time. I mean if she has a travel document issued by the U.S. government she can travel using that, but it is too late to apply for one now for travel in May. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She does have a green card which is what she previously used to travel. Her green card expired just recently when she was out of the country. She was taken to the U.S. Enbajada in Mexico and they gave her a paper that allowed her to come back. I was wonderiing if there is any way that they would grant us permition to travel, if they know that the paperwork is being done at the moment. The earliest my passport can be made is 6 months from now.[/QUOTE]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Also check this link to see if you have a Passport Agency near you. http://travel.state.gov/passport/abo...ncies_913.html
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have tried these sites before and for some reason none of them work. Does anyone know a telephone # i can call to find out about this information?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewlyMinted:
    Depending on where you live, you can go to a Passport Agency and have them expedite your case by showing them you itinerary. But you have to pay the expedited fee.

You can also call this number and they'll change it for you or at least tell you how to go about doing that. Something similar happened to me. I simply called them, the next day I went to the Passport Agency with my receipts and picked up the passport. I must say, that I initially expedited my application. It's just that it would take two weeks for me to get it and the day after applied for the passport, I found out that I had to leave the country on assignment.

Here is the number 1-877-487-2778. Because of the new rule, they are experiencing high volumes of calls. You may have to wait for a while, just be patient. They are opened from 6:00Am to midnight M-F and limited hours on the weekend

Also check this link to see if you have a Passport Agency near you. http://travel.state.gov/passport/abo...ncies_913.html

I hope this helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The telephone number was also provided in this post.

Oh right i see.

well thank you very much!