publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: K1 Visa Do It Yourself Kits - Are they any good?

I'm about to apply for the K1 Fiance visa for my fiance in South Korea.

I would like to get this application processed the first time around and wanted to ensure that my application would not be delayed due to errors on my part.

Would you recommend those Do It Yourself kits found on the internet? Example: http://www.immigrationvisakits.com/k1visa.htm

Lawyers charge about $1.5-$2k for this service but the DIY kit only costs $50.

If anyone has used one of these kits, can you please share your opinion about them?

Thanks in advanced.

-Gabe

I'm about to apply for the K1 Fiance visa for my fiance in South Korea.

I would like to get this application processed the first time around and wanted to ensure that my application would not be delayed due to errors on my part.

Would you recommend those Do It Yourself kits found on the internet? Example: http://www.immigrationvisakits.com/k1visa.htm

Lawyers charge about $1.5-$2k for this service but the DIY kit only costs $50.

If anyone has used one of these kits, can you please share your opinion about them?

Thanks in advanced.

-Gabe

You don't need to spend money on lawyer. You don't need to pay for those kits either.

You can do it yourself and get all the information for free at http://www.immihelp.com/visas/kvisa/

Thank you for your post. I have read through the site and found it very useful.

There is also a lot of help to be had by doing a search on this site as well as immigrate2us.net and others. If you have a straightforward case, you probably would have no problem filing the paperwork. It is very straightforward and there are lots of questions on these forums that have been answered by people who have successfully filed.

Hi my fiance apply for a K1 visa november 2005, we didn't get any lawyer because it will cost so much, we rather spend it on phone calls to each other. We will get a lawyer if we needed too but if you are honest and have nothing to hide no need for a lawyer, i only wait for 8 months to get my visa, Im now here in the US, just waiting for my interview to get my conditional GC.
    chinita

There is no need for a lawyer. The forms are not complicated at all: name, date of birth, etc. You just need to file the correct ones and send them to the right place. You will find that information for free at www.uscis.gov, the government's offcial web site. You will be approved as long as you meet the requirements.

My husband and I filled out all the forms ourselves. We have been married for almost 4 years now and I received my greencard (no conditions) in 2005. No lawyers or do-it-yoursekf kits involved.

You don't need any kit; just pull the forms off the USCIS website; the kits probably use outdated forms anyway; you certainly don't need a lawyer