50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: HELP!!!usa resident want to get married with UK citizen

hello, please some help with this: im USA resident living in new york and i want to get married with UK citizen, with are not making plans to live in this country we just want to get married, then i will go to uk to live with her, what i need or what i should do?

hello, please some help with this: im USA resident living in new york and i want to get married with UK citizen, with are not making plans to live in this country we just want to get married, then i will go to uk to live with her, what i need or what i should do?

I think you need to check the immigration laws in the UK.

Only thing you need to do in US is apply for a marriage license and get married. There arn't any special laws for marrying an international, you know?

http://www.britainusa.com/
    Nothing out of the ordinary for marrying in the US, you can sort out the visa paperwork for going to the UK in a day.

Are you in danger of loosing your residency in USA if you leave USA for over six months or so?

The minute you leave America to reside in another country, you will lose your residency.

If you're a European Union citizen, or a citizen of either Switzerland or Norway, you have an automatic right to live in the United Kingdom...and you'll have no immigration procedures.

If you're a non-EU citizen, then check the website of Britain's immigration department for requirements.

your not entitled to any benefits tho in the UK until u have lived there for a period of time. And the UK immigration is very similar to the USCIS . The fees are increasing in June. and the same applies, affidavit of support etc .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    The minute you leave America to reside in another country, you will lose your residency. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It is not that simple.