50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: question about taxes on I-140

Hi, I have a question, Iam the head chef in a restaurant and have my I-140 + I-485 pending and my boss have me on the book as a waiter so when I get my paycheck every week I receive tips to as listed on my paycheck. On my interview is that going to be a problem if I have my income taxes listed as Iam a waiter?thanks in advance.

Hi, I have a question, Iam the head chef in a restaurant and have my I-140 + I-485 pending and my boss have me on the book as a waiter so when I get my paycheck every week I receive tips to as listed on my paycheck. On my interview is that going to be a problem if I have my income taxes listed as Iam a waiter?thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alep11:
    Hi, I have a question, Iam the head chef in a restaurant and have my I-140 + I-485 pending and my boss have me on the book as a waiter so when I get my paycheck every week I receive tips to as listed on my paycheck. On my interview is that going to be a problem if I have my income taxes listed as Iam a waiter?thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Tip income being received by chefs at a restaurant is normal in the US. The reason, most waiters and waitresses will tip out some of their tips to the chef who prepared the food Consider it as a compliment for your outstanding work as a chef. And this will not hinder you in your immigration status. Most USciS employees are very inept when it comes to taxes. They are only concerned that you filed and reported all thei income correctly. Other than that, they do not analzze why you received the inocome.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alep11:
    Hi, I have a question, Iam the head chef in a restaurant and have my I-140 + I-485 pending and my boss have me on the book as a waiter so when I get my paycheck every week I receive tips to as listed on my paycheck. On my interview is that going to be a problem if I have my income taxes listed as Iam a waiter?thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who told you that you are on the books as a waiter? Are you assuming that becuase of your paycheck structure.. or do you know 4fact that you are listed as a server? and if so,, Why has he listed you as server and not chef?

Is part of your pay a tipshare by the servers, like the bartenders and hostess at your employment?

Why did you list yourself as a waiter on the 1040 that you signed when you know that you are not?

You could have put down "Food Service Industry" . This way you would not have been lying.