50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: LIFE Act Application Denied

My Dad was taken into detiontion and put in exclusion. He was able to get out of parole because we file under the LIFE Act. He also has a petition pending from my grandfather who is a Citizen of the US. They priority date on that is about 10 months away, which is plus or minus 10 months.

After years of appeals and stuff, his LIFE Act application has been denied. He cannot appeal this decision. I would like to know what he status is. I mean will a immigration officer come to our house? Or has he been illegal and will continue to be until my grandfather's petition is current? We have been in this country for 18 years, with no bad criminal record or anything. What are the possible outcomes?Do we just continue life and wait for the petition to come current? Please advice. Only serious post please.

My Dad was taken into detiontion and put in exclusion. He was able to get out of parole because we file under the LIFE Act. He also has a petition pending from my grandfather who is a Citizen of the US. They priority date on that is about 10 months away, which is plus or minus 10 months.

After years of appeals and stuff, his LIFE Act application has been denied. He cannot appeal this decision. I would like to know what he status is. I mean will a immigration officer come to our house? Or has he been illegal and will continue to be until my grandfather's petition is current? We have been in this country for 18 years, with no bad criminal record or anything. What are the possible outcomes?Do we just continue life and wait for the petition to come current? Please advice. Only serious post please.

Where was he detained and when. Was it at the immigration building when he went for an interview? or was it when he was returning from abroad or something?

He was detained when he went to re-new his work permit in 1997 or close to that year. We had to use the LIFE Act to get his out on parole while his case is being filed. We have about a year till my grandfather's petition is current, so I just want to make sure they are safe and can wait in peace until the petition. We came on a visitor visa and overstayed so we did come legally to this country. Thanks for your reply Shabber. Please write back with again if you can give me more information.

Did he apply under the legalization settlement? If he had done that at some time, his case may have been pending by now, I don't know if he did or he didn't. As far as status is concerned, I think as long as you guys fall under 245i meaning you were applied for prior to I think its some date in 2001 or 1999, you have to look it up, then once your date becomes current you will pay a penalty and then get your papers. Else if you were applied for after the 245i cutoff date, you would have to discuss with a lawyer regarding that.

I don't think the USCIS will be raiding people's homes if their LIFE Act has been denied. They only do that in fraud cases or felony cases.

He had applied before April 2001, which was the last day for the 245i. I just want to make sure no raids or anything like that happen. Just want to wait in peace until the grandfather's petition is current. How long after the priority date is current before action is taken?

Your responses have been very helpfull, but more comforting than anything else. Thank you once again for your time. Please keep writting back.

I think you can rest assured they won't be raiding to arrest your father.

I was talking to an Immigration Officer, and hope she was an Officer. on telephone, for one of my friends case.

He entered US with inspection and his I-94 just expired in Dec. 2006. He was unable to get extended as such he was sick, and has all the paper work from the hospital. His Petition I-130 was filed before April 31, 2001, He had received an approval of his I-130 in June 2007.
    When I asked the Immigration Officer, that he will become an illegal since his visa that is I-94 had expired and denied for extension of his F-1 visa, She said as long as he/she entered legally, ands his visa had expired and his I-130 has been approved He might have to pay$1000.00. I hope this information might help you guys.