50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Medical examination

Is that true that medical examination for employment based applications Never expire and do not have to be repeated?

Is that true that medical examination for employment based applications Never expire and do not have to be repeated?

The sealed medical examination report which people submit as part of the I-485 applications is supposed to be valid only for one year. However, due to the delay of I-485 processing for the past several years, the USCIS has been extending such medical report annually by releasing their policy decision. The medical report which was issued before January 1, 2005 or earlier was supposed to expire on January 1, 2006 unless the USCIS makes such extension decision. Now all of the medical reports for the pending I-485 cases will be automatically extended until January 1, 2007. Consequently, these people do not have to retake the medical examination.

I was told that for family based cases medical examination needs to be re-done every year but employment based ones do not need to be re-done ever??

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    Medical examination report on the form I-693 is good for ONLY one year from the date a doctor certifies it. However, INS has made some changes into it lately, which is about extending its validity until AOS (I-485) or immigrant visa application is adjudicated. That means-applicants don't need to re-take a medical examination after the expiry of its initial one.

Thus, such change is not only for ˜employment basis green card category'; rather this change applies to ALL applications for immigrant visa (green card). So obviously, an application for a green card under employment category doesn't have a special privilege in this regard. For more information, read here-

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...dExt011106.pdf

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_valext.html

"Change is an easy panacea. It takes character to stay in one place and be happy there"-Elizabeth Clarke Dunn