50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to get a VISA?

My husband lives here in the US. We know he's eligible for a VISA based on our marriage. How long will it take from the time we file the I-130 to the time he actually has his VISA in hand?

My husband lives here in the US. We know he's eligible for a VISA based on our marriage. How long will it take from the time we file the I-130 to the time he actually has his VISA in hand?

what visa are you talking about? Immigrant visa?

if you are talking about a green card, it's not really a visa, but your husband could get an immigrant visa to come to the States to get a green card (which is a permission for permanent residency). But since your husband is already in the States, he should simply do adjustment of status.

read www.uscis.gov

Now, are you a citizen? is he in the country legally? did he come with a non-immigrant visa and was inspected at the point of entry? Or did he cross the border uninspected by an immigration officer?

Usually it takes less than 20 years.

In some cases it might take as little as 1 year.

A visa is only to *enter* the country. If someone does not need permission to *enter*, they don't get a visa. If you are a USC and he entered w/ inspection and is not otherwise inadmissible under 245, then it will probably take 3 months for him to get work permission, and 1-2 years to get reseidency.

my husband is a US citizen, we get married here in philippines last july of this year. we already file our I-130 and a week after they sent a notice of acceptance, and our status now is for initial interview, i wanna know how long could i get immigrant visa from this time (that we in the initial interview stage)? some people said that if we already married here i can get there in less than six months, is it true? i'm looking forward on your reply, ty & god bless!

You need to pick up the phone and call Malik
    Papish now @ 1-800-MALIKPAPISH

First, thank him on behalf of thousands of Indians, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis he helped to fix peypers for.

Next, make an appoitment. When you see him slip 5 X $100 bills into his side pocket.
    The rest is technicality. He will fix your Greencard in no time.

Good luck.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

u never been right in anything but giving people wrong answers which reflect how f.uked up u are all about! Stop misleading people and move somewhere where ppl can live in peace u piece of ShyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyT!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    1 year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi everyone! if you have knowledge about what i asked on my first post, pls have reply.ty & god bless!