publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is it legal for immigration to do this?

My bf is a truck driver. Due to his job he crosses the border several times a week. On the weekends he would come and visit me. Recently, he was denied entry to visit me b/c they said b/n his job and his visits with me he was spending too much time here. Customs made him go inside and speak to immigration. He was fingerprinted and everything and given a checklist for things he needs to have when he crosses. Now, even when he's crossing with these things they are starting to make it difficult for him to even cross for work. This is his livelihood. Can immigration legally deny him entry into the U.S. for work purposes? He's not trying to live here or get in here illegally. He's just trying to do his job. Is there anything we can do????

My bf is a truck driver. Due to his job he crosses the border several times a week. On the weekends he would come and visit me. Recently, he was denied entry to visit me b/c they said b/n his job and his visits with me he was spending too much time here. Customs made him go inside and speak to immigration. He was fingerprinted and everything and given a checklist for things he needs to have when he crosses. Now, even when he's crossing with these things they are starting to make it difficult for him to even cross for work. This is his livelihood. Can immigration legally deny him entry into the U.S. for work purposes? He's not trying to live here or get in here illegally. He's just trying to do his job. Is there anything we can do????

Unfortunately no. Customs has the right to deny anyone into the US as they see fit. I use to drive truck myself so I know what it is like crossing International borders with a commerical vehicle. I have been pulled in many times myself. For work purposes I found that when I got my passport I wasnt grilled as much. Maybe you should visit him for a while. I used to get questioned why I crossed at so many borders. As long as he shows strong ties to his country the officer should let him go.