50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AFFIDAVIT Of SUPPORT I-130

I have a slight problem.... My husband isnt the most organized person in the world. April 2004 we ordered copys of his tax return via IRS they cost about $80 for the 3 years if I remember correctly... and they took 3 months to be sent to us

Well, now we are getting close the actually needing them and they are MISSING! I think they got thrown out when he moved.

Anyway, will a transcript of his tax return and his W2 be sufficent, and of course letter of employment?? The transcrtipts only take a few weeks not months and are cheaper. His income is well above the poverty level, making 50-60k per annum, but I am not sure how strict these guidelines are.

Any help would be appreciate

I have a slight problem.... My husband isnt the most organized person in the world. April 2004 we ordered copys of his tax return via IRS they cost about $80 for the 3 years if I remember correctly... and they took 3 months to be sent to us

Well, now we are getting close the actually needing them and they are MISSING! I think they got thrown out when he moved.

Anyway, will a transcript of his tax return and his W2 be sufficent, and of course letter of employment?? The transcrtipts only take a few weeks not months and are cheaper. His income is well above the poverty level, making 50-60k per annum, but I am not sure how strict these guidelines are.

Any help would be appreciate

I concur with JohnDoe. Another hint - use the automated telephone request rather than submitting form 4506T. Telephone requests come within a couple of weeks. Filing the form took about a month. The only issue is that the telephone method only sends the transcripts to the address you have on file for your latest income tax filing. If you have since moved you will need to make sure you have your mail forwarded. Otherwise, you will have to use the mail-in form.

Thanks soo much for your help.

The reason why we didn't order the transcripts in the first place is because that isnt what the form said.

So the second time around I decided to be creative and since the transcripts are free wanted to do it that way. I will get my husband to call the number today.

THANK!