50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Business Visa ? PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN. In Australia, I have assisted a Dr. in the research for a book he is writing and in obtaining the research. He speaks at many american universities on his work and we be returning to America next month and will stay in the states for a year. He is very pleae with my assistance. Is it possible that I could obtain a Business Visa to got to america and work for him and continue my assistance? I was only payed what would be equivilant to minimum wage but I have benefited from the experience. All my work has been in a part time capacity. I have a degree in IT Engineering as my main job. However, I am intersted in continueing his research and going to school in the future for my own doctorate in his area of expertise. HOW TOUGH WILL IT BE FOR ME TO GO AMERICA AND ASSIST HIM? WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE AND WHAT ANGLE WOULD YOU SUGGEST SO THAT I CAN CONVINCE INS OF GOOD INTENTIONS.? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU.

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN. In Australia, I have assisted a Dr. in the research for a book he is writing and in obtaining the research. He speaks at many american universities on his work and we be returning to America next month and will stay in the states for a year. He is very pleae with my assistance. Is it possible that I could obtain a Business Visa to got to america and work for him and continue my assistance? I was only payed what would be equivilant to minimum wage but I have benefited from the experience. All my work has been in a part time capacity. I have a degree in IT Engineering as my main job. However, I am intersted in continueing his research and going to school in the future for my own doctorate in his area of expertise. HOW TOUGH WILL IT BE FOR ME TO GO AMERICA AND ASSIST HIM? WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE AND WHAT ANGLE WOULD YOU SUGGEST SO THAT I CAN CONVINCE INS OF GOOD INTENTIONS.? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU.

There are so many confusing ideas or visas you want to have in your situation.It seems to me you want to go here in the US at all cost at the expense of the "professor" and trhen continue his research by studying.
    Would you please make up your mind on what to do? It is very hard on our part to help you if you yourself is confused on this regard.
    Were you the same guy who posted something about
    research or something that has been of interest in Australia and you have found some universities here who are interested in this?

Thanks Bugsy, you are kind. sorry for the confusion. No, I'm not the guy that posted what you mention.

However, let me try to reexplain. I did reserach for this professor and great friend of mine. He knows my intentions and I will continue to help him in america if I knew what type of visa to apply for????? this is where I am confused and know not where to turn.

The professor does not own a company persay in the usa so what type of visa would I apply for to come and assist him and he pay me a comparable salary???

thanks again for your continued support. I hope I have not confused you even more.

thank you and God Bless
    Dan

Technically, there is no kind of visa for this purpose. You could go on a B1 if you were going to do research for YOURSELF. You are not really this guy's "domestic servant." This isn't tourism since you are going to work. This guy will just have to find an American citizen or LPR to do this work for him.
    I do not doubt that some of our "enlightened" readers will suggest that you come to the US under the VWP and say nothing to INS, because "no one will find out." I cannot condone this course of action. If they do find out, you will be the one to suffer the consequences, not our readers nor the individual that you might work for.