free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Just got response from Consulate Brazil

After requesting status on my case from Consulate I got this response:

"Per Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA) regulations, post has returned approved I-130 filed by the petitioner, Mr.****** ***X, on behalf of Mrs. ******X ***XX (DOB: XX ***XX, POB: Brasilia SP, Brazil) and has requested Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) reconsideration of the I-130 approval in light of information obtained during your immigrant visa interview and information found in the supporting documentation presented. Petition was returned to the National Visa Center (NVC), Problem Resolution Unit on July 28, 2005.

The interviewing officer has refused the issuance of your visa based on Section 221(g) incomplete application or administrative processing. The consular officer did not have sufficient evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary."

Is anyone could tell me what to do???

After requesting status on my case from Consulate I got this response:

"Per Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA) regulations, post has returned approved I-130 filed by the petitioner, Mr.****** ***X, on behalf of Mrs. ******X ***XX (DOB: XX ***XX, POB: Brasilia SP, Brazil) and has requested Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) reconsideration of the I-130 approval in light of information obtained during your immigrant visa interview and information found in the supporting documentation presented. Petition was returned to the National Visa Center (NVC), Problem Resolution Unit on July 28, 2005.

The interviewing officer has refused the issuance of your visa based on Section 221(g) incomplete application or administrative processing. The consular officer did not have sufficient evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary."

Is anyone could tell me what to do???

Someone12
    wait for the letter(s) from the NVC that will describe the defects or missing elements that might show them that this relationship is valid.
    There is nothing to do in the interim since the petition has apparently been sent back for review.

So how long were you with the Department, "Someone12"?

Someone12
    I worked a couple of summers next to some consulars a few years ago, kind of like an intern deal. From observing many many interviews, both tourist and immigrant, I saw and learned quite a bit about the process.

Thanks Someone12 for your response!
    On July 28, 2005 after my wife's interview I spoke with the consul and he told me that my wife's Petition will be returned to the National Visa Center on August 01 2005 and it will take at least 30 days for them to received the file.
    After 6 months later I sent email to the Visa Dept and Visa Unit Consulate US requesting status on my case short after that I made phone call to the consul.
    He told me that he was very surprised that Visa Dept had contacted him requesting same information and them he realized that for some reason the file was never returned to NVC on Aug 01, 2005. He apologized and told me that he will be returning the file to NVC.
    Could you please tell me how long will take NVC to contact me?
    Is been very difficult for me to get any information here in the US because I filed the I-130 in Brazil and I do not have receipt number I just have case# RDJ2005******.

Someone12
    probably about 4-7 weeks from the date they (NVC) gets the petition. They will send out a letter to you and your spouse, describing the deficiencies and asking for more supporting evidence.
    Much of the time delay may be based on their own workload, but I would expect to hear something within a few weeks - and this is OK because it gives you time to scrape together whatever you have to make your case better.