free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: please help

hi All,

I just found this site and really need some advice. I entered the US in 2005 on an F1 visa. My I-94 was stamped D/S. Last year I started working for a family as an au pair and they promised me that they would apply on my behalf for a status change. They applied for it, I saw the receipt showing that they had applied for it. They never showed me any proof of the outcome, but they said that it had been sorted out and I could legally stay in the country till the end of March 2007. In the meantime I met a wonderful guy (he's a citizen) and we want to get married. We've made the wedding plans and even got a marriage certificate. We just discovered that the couple that I was with may have lied to me about the whole visa thing. Now we have heard several things regarding the whole immigration thing. We were told that if we got married he could file a petition on my behalf regardles of my status. We also heard that if I'm out of status and we get married I'll have to leave the country and cannot return for about 10 years. What is the real story here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi All,

I just found this site and really need some advice. I entered the US in 2005 on an F1 visa. My I-94 was stamped D/S. Last year I started working for a family as an au pair and they promised me that they would apply on my behalf for a status change. They applied for it, I saw the receipt showing that they had applied for it. They never showed me any proof of the outcome, but they said that it had been sorted out and I could legally stay in the country till the end of March 2007. In the meantime I met a wonderful guy (he's a citizen) and we want to get married. We've made the wedding plans and even got a marriage certificate. We just discovered that the couple that I was with may have lied to me about the whole visa thing. Now we have heard several things regarding the whole immigration thing. We were told that if we got married he could file a petition on my behalf regardles of my status. We also heard that if I'm out of status and we get married I'll have to leave the country and cannot return for about 10 years. What is the real story here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The real story is that you entered legally in US and overstayed your visa, so you can get married and he will petition I-130 on your behalf; you don't have to leave the US but you must stay in US until you got your GC.

All the best!

www.USImmigratinForAll.com
    Frank G. Becker & Associates
    www.USImmigrationForAll.com