free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 for relative

Hi

Can anyone advise me. Have been waiting since Nov 2002 for petition for my daughter and only now found out that it will be denied because my US husband and I were not married when she was 18 even though she was under 21 at time of petition. I have now been granted permanent residence and can petition for her myself. When I checked processing times for TSC its Oct 98. Is this possible?
    If her boyfriend got a work transfer and they got married would she be allowed to come with him and would they be allowed to apply to stay permanently?

Thanks - hope you can answer all these questions.

Hi

Can anyone advise me. Have been waiting since Nov 2002 for petition for my daughter and only now found out that it will be denied because my US husband and I were not married when she was 18 even though she was under 21 at time of petition. I have now been granted permanent residence and can petition for her myself. When I checked processing times for TSC its Oct 98. Is this possible?
    If her boyfriend got a work transfer and they got married would she be allowed to come with him and would they be allowed to apply to stay permanently?

Thanks - hope you can answer all these questions.

98 sounds about right.

1. It means that your child is from your first
    marriage?
    2. When and where you got married?
    3. How old was your child at the time of your
    marriage?
    4. Where is your daughter now in the US or
    outside?
    5. Do not rush her to get married. Hang on.

She was from my first marriage. Only married almost 2 years to US husband. She is outside of US. Would it be better to apply for her and boyfriend if they got married rather than if she was single. She will probably marry within the waiting period which I see is more than 6 years?

No - South Africa.

I think the fastest way would be if her BF can get a job transfer to US, got sponsorship for AOS and they get married so she can piggy back his AOS process.

If you apply for her now, won't her status get reset when she got married? Personally, i think you should apply for her right now, unless she & BF is already making wedding plan. Anything can happen within those years, and they might not even be together.

Problem is if he got a job over here they would have to be married in order for her to accompy him. I am going to apply for her now as anything can happen in that time. I think the TSC time processing is really bad though and something should really be done about it.