publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: question on deportation: please need help!!!

Hi, Me and my husband have been married for 3 years and we have twin daughters who are US citizens. My husband was on work visa and i was on dependent visa. In Nov. 2004 my husband got arrested for assaulting and he has to serve till july 11, 2005.

Now he has lost his work visa and on july 11th when he'll get released and he'll be picked up by the immigration authorities and they might deport him to India as he is an indian citizen.

My question is how long do they take to deport him once they take him into their custody ? Is there a way to avoid deportation ? Since we've kids who are US citizens we want to come back to US in the future. If they deport him he wouldn't be able to come back to US since he has to waive all his rights to come back to US. So if any one konws what to do in this situation please advice me.

Hi, Me and my husband have been married for 3 years and we have twin daughters who are US citizens. My husband was on work visa and i was on dependent visa. In Nov. 2004 my husband got arrested for assaulting and he has to serve till july 11, 2005.

Now he has lost his work visa and on july 11th when he'll get released and he'll be picked up by the immigration authorities and they might deport him to India as he is an indian citizen.

My question is how long do they take to deport him once they take him into their custody ? Is there a way to avoid deportation ? Since we've kids who are US citizens we want to come back to US in the future. If they deport him he wouldn't be able to come back to US since he has to waive all his rights to come back to US. So if any one konws what to do in this situation please advice me.

After his deportation your visas are invalidated and you must leave the U.S. To come back you can wait for 10 years or until one of your kids turns 21 and can petition you, whichever comes first. As for the length of detention he'll be on the plane as soon as his travel documents are ready.

Cheers.