publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: asylee wants to visit family in home country....

I would greatly appreciate for any advices and suggestions......

I am an asylee and currently in I485 processing since Jan-01. I am alone here in US while my whole family is still back in the home country. The biggest question in my head is if someday my parents are very sick or even pass away, will that be possible for me to go back to my home country for a short visit?

I still keep my home country passport and will be expired in 1 year. Should I go to my embassy here to renew that? I remember that when I applied for Travel Document, one of the question is if I have ever tried to renew my passport. If I really renew my passport, will that affect my asylee status? Will that cause me trouble to get another Travel Document or even EAD?

I really miss my family and don't know what to do if something bad is happening over there. Thanks in advance for any kind of help here......

I would greatly appreciate for any advices and suggestions......

I am an asylee and currently in I485 processing since Jan-01. I am alone here in US while my whole family is still back in the home country. The biggest question in my head is if someday my parents are very sick or even pass away, will that be possible for me to go back to my home country for a short visit?

I still keep my home country passport and will be expired in 1 year. Should I go to my embassy here to renew that? I remember that when I applied for Travel Document, one of the question is if I have ever tried to renew my passport. If I really renew my passport, will that affect my asylee status? Will that cause me trouble to get another Travel Document or even EAD?

I really miss my family and don't know what to do if something bad is happening over there. Thanks in advance for any kind of help here......

There is nothing you can do at this point as an asylee you should have thought of that possibility even to the point of not returning to your country.
    even if you try going out of US even Canada and mexico and you are in trouble with your case.

I thought that as an Asylee you were afraid to return to your country due to some strong fear of harm or death.

If this is so, I do not understand why you would talk about returning home.

If you can return home without harm, then you must not be an asylee and just coming to the US under false pretenses.

Which one is it?

I can totally understand you wanting to see your family as you must miss them immensely, but you need to be clear.

Why can't your family come here if they are facing the same kid of danger that brought you here?

God Bless...

Your giving us the impression that your case doesn't fall at the asylum/refugee category.It would be best to tell briefly your case so as to avoid misinformation and prolong this topic.
    When INS receives your application they send copy to the State Department and will review that when you return to your country how will you be treated or how likely you will be treated,will you be persecuted? or the most important thing is there a reasonable possibility of persecution on the basis of your ideological beliefs,religion,etc.
    You should also tell us whether your country has history of persecution that would merit an asylum or your case is simply a case of fraud and therefore more reason to be deported.