free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: financial prerequirements for J-1 visa

Hello,

I had a question: if I want to go to USA for 1 year on J-1 visa regarding research project, and I have no financial support from the host institution, I need evidence that I have certaing amount of money available on my bank account. At least, I heared so. is it $ 18000/year or more? Can anyone give me an official link oficially announcing the needed sum of the money?

Thanks

Hello,

I had a question: if I want to go to USA for 1 year on J-1 visa regarding research project, and I have no financial support from the host institution, I need evidence that I have certaing amount of money available on my bank account. At least, I heared so. is it $ 18000/year or more? Can anyone give me an official link oficially announcing the needed sum of the money?

Thanks

stay where you are, STOP BOTHERING US, STOP ABUSING OUR RESOURCES. You are a NOBODY if you have to ask how much money you need then YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT. BYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
    stay where you are, STOP BOTHERING US, STOP ABUSING OUR RESOURCES. You are a NOBODY if you have to ask how much money you need then YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT. BYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a stupid answer. Vak23 - add Sickof to your ignore list. His rants aren't worth the server space they are taking.

My supervisor gives me 5-year credit to cover this sum and I'm interested how much this sum is to discuss this issue with him further. I'm not bad scientist..

You must show that you can pay your tuition for the year and living expenses. The institution you are applying to should have an approximate amount for tuition/living expenses for the year. Contact them because they deal with this all the time.